Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Plug and play Scosche radio harness

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  drhays0101 
#1 ·
Just received my plug and play radio harness and I am confused. I thought this would connect my radio but it looks like it is only for the back-up camera. How do I get to the reverse switch and where does the reverse trigger wire go. There is also a connector for vehicle power connectors. How do I identify that connection and where is it located.
If this harness is only for b/u do I have to cut into the radio harness and connect wire by wire for speakers etc.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#4 · (Edited)
What model year? 2015-17 or 2018+?

The Schoche harness from SlingMods is exactly what you need for the 2015-17. If you've got the 2018+, you'll also need the different power plug from Slingtunes right here.

The reverse switch plug on the harness plugs into the top of the transmission. You'll have to reach straight down through the stereo hole and it's on top of the transmission and just slightly on the passenger side. You unplug the stock wire and then plug the Schoche plug right in between the two. Be prepared with bandaids - this is a PITA that cuts the back of your hand and you'll have to do it all by feel - you can't see what your are doing while your arm is straight down there.

You can use the stock wiring for the speakers - they are in the big 32 pin connector for the stock stereo. There is a wiring diagram somewhere here that shows you the pin numbers. I pulled them out of the connector and then just put bigger pins on the stock connectors so I didn't have to cut a single wire.

BTW, depending on which brand/model head unit you may or may not be able to use the stock camera. If you can't, there are plenty of cameras on Amazon that do the trick for <$15.

#6 ·
Your not kidding when you say you will need a box of bandaids when you done. I got the first one plugged in, the one closer to the passenger side by pure luck the second over 2 hours of trying my wife came home. It took me longer to point out the adapter than for her to plug it in, that took her a whole minute and a half. If you have a kid show him and let him do it, it will save you a lot of time and cussing.

#7 ·
I just installed mine, the tranny wire is behind radio straight down and a bit right. Hope you got small hands cause it was ruff doing it with one hand. Problem I found was there is no speaker hook up connector so everything works but I can hear anything. So guess I got to get with slingmods and see if the have a speaker harness. See pic for tyranny wire.

Attachments

#8 ·
I bought the Boss receiver , the Scosche after market power harness with oem backup camera integration and hooking up the transmission coupling was a pain. Everything works great but no back up camera signal is all that shows up when I put the sling in reverse. I am still checking, everything has power to it . But it does not recognize a signal from the camera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.