Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I will ask again.........................

So, every time the alignment is adjusted on the SS it needs to be returned to the dealer to zero the steering clock sensor?

Isn't the EPS a Chevy design along with the engine?Yes or no, I believe that EPS systems are not really new where a number of different manufactures have been using it for some time now, does each then have to be returned to their original manufacture to get zero'd after a simple alignment?

Oh, and one more curiosity, is there a standard guarantee given with each laser alignment?

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
From what my understanding is the clock sensor has a 5 deg. each way veritable that will not cause the light to come on.
But it should be centered every time . If not your traction control will work better one way then the other.

·
2,333 Posts
I will ask again.........................
I do believe Noel answered your first question ......

As for your second just like the engine tuning the hardware is GM...the programming is Polaris....

Your third I would think would be answered by the specific shop doing the work .....

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
And they can recode the sensor without flashing the ECU. I have had mine done and I watched the whole process. It took about 1 minute.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I do believe Noel answered your first question ......

As for your second just like the engine tuning the hardware is GM...the programming is Polaris....

Your third I would think would be answered by the specific shop doing the work .....

Well, due to the response we have received here where we have not read any convincing evidence persuading us that doing a laser alignment over one done by a professional the old fashioned way has any real advantages, we're thinking if we ever encounter alignment problems we'll just return it to the dealer where they can do the complete job.

Thanks for the info!

Bill and Justina

·
Registered
362 Posts
Every SS owner can do as they see fit when it comes to alignment but the test of time will reveal the true effects. Premature tire wear will show its ugly face. I personally, am lucky enough to live about an hour and a half from both VMS and Laser Alignment Man and have experienced there expertise. I wouldn't hesitate endorsing these establishments.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Every SS owner can do as they see fit when it comes to alignment but the test of time will reveal the true effects. Premature tire wear will show its ugly face. I personally, am lucky enough to live about an hour and a half from both VMS and Laser Alignment Man and have experienced there expertise. I wouldn't hesitate endorsing these establishments.
I'll keep you posted... Traditional here and doing great!

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Yes I would have the clock sensor 0 out
As even though the sensor Can be out 5° it can cause the traction control to work sooner one way then the other.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts