Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Hedge, Concur but in order to make the search function work you have to complete your post by adding reference words. Search here is not very good in my experience, very limited. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but I don't think so. Please school me.
Good Sir,

In the upper-right corner is the Search box, enter a term such as Battery or Gas Cap (capitol letters do not matter). Check the Search titles only box. Bahda-boom! Results! --Remember to keep it very brief, one or two words, generally.

If you want something someone said, pick a specific word (or phrase, the shorter the better) and enter it in the Search box, then select Posted by Member: and enter the first few characters of their name. If you pause typing and have enough characters, a list of matching users will be displayed, click one (this takes longer on slower connections like cell phones.

Searches generally work best when the word you're searching for is in the title, then no additional search terms are necessary. I'd suggest adding more words only if you get too many results the first time.

Other than "less is more" there's not much to it, you should be in good shape. There's a topic on most everything, so if it doesn't pop up right away, try a different term and you should be good. (Which is, by the way, why staff members sometimes edit thread titles and add terms or make the subject easier to find in general.)

By the way--- the "Search" function sucks! Type in for example "Seats" and then type in "seats" and get way different threads and posts! Case sensitive destroys the ease of 'Search'!
Type it the same and you'll get the same results! Capitols or lower case--doesn't matter. Schpelling maters.

Remember the first time you search,
Search this forum only
is checked, the second time
Search this forum only
will be unchecked by default. You can check or uncheck the box as needed.

Thanks for asking,
Hedgy

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Good Sir,

In the upper-right corner is the Search box, enter a term such as Battery or Gas Cap (capitol letters not needed). Check the Search titles only box. Bahda-boom! Results! --Remember to keep it very brief, one or two words, generally.

If you want something someone said, pick a specific word (or phrase, the shorter the better) and enter it in the Search box, then select Posted by Member: and enter the first few characters of their name. If you pause typing and have enough, a list of matching users will be displayed, click one (this takes longer on slower connections like cell phones.

Searches generally work best when the word you're searching for is in the title, then no additional search terms are necessary. I'd suggest adding more words only if you get too many results the first time.

Other than "less is more" there's not much to it, you should be in good shape. There's a topic on most everything, so if it doesn't pop up right away, try a different term and you should be good. (Which is, by the way, why staff members sometimes edit thread titles and add terms or make the subject easier to find in general.)

Type it the same and you'll get the same results!

Remember the first time you search Search this forum only is checked, the second time Search this forum only will be unchecked by default. You can check or uncheck the box as needed.

Thanks for asking,
Hedgy

I have been playing with the search function and am now able to make it to work better. I am just used to Google which ignores spaces, capitalization, and makes suggestions to you. I'll drop back to my FORTRAN and "C" days when I search here. :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Did a bit of digging:
  • Search is not case sensitive
  • Spaces get converted to word separators (white space), use as many or few as you want
  • Word order doesn't matter
  • Spelling matters
  • Alpha Fuel will find posts containing both "alpha" and "fuel" in any order
  • Purple Alpha Fuel will find posts containing all three words (including posts where some words are found in quoting another person), but not posts containing only "alpha" and "fuel"
  • "Alpha Fuel" (in quotes) will find posts containing "alpha fuel"--both words in that order, case insensitive--a product Alpha Powersports is not making at this time

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Did a bit of digging:
  • Search is not case sensitive
  • Spaces get converted to word separators (white space), use as many or few as you want
  • Word order doesn't matter
  • Spelling matters
Did more digging, found:
  • Alpha Fuel will find posts containing both "alpha" and "fuel" in any order
  • Purple Alpha Fuel will find posts containing all three words (including posts where some words are found in quoting another person), but not posts containing only "alpha" and "fuel"
  • "Alpha Fuel" (in quotes) will find posts containing "alpha fuel"--both words in that order, case insensitive--a product Alpha Powersports is not making at this time

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Did more digging, found:
  • Hahn Fuel will find posts containing both "Hahn" and "fuel" in any order
  • Purple Hahn Fuel will find posts containing all three words (including posts where some words are found in quoting another person), but not posts containing only "Hahn" and "fuel"
  • "Hahn Fuel" (in quotes) will find posts containing "Hahn fuel"--both words in that order, case insensitive--a product Hahn Racecraft is not making at this time
I love messing with the HedgeHog!!!!

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Did more digging, found:
  • Hahn Fuel will find posts containing both "alpha" and "fuel" in any order
  • Purple Hahn Fuel will find posts containing all three words (including posts where some words are found in quoting another person), but not posts containing only "Hahn" and "fuel"
  • "Hahn Fuel" (in quotes) will find posts containing "Hahn fuel"--both words in that order, case insensitive--a product Hahn Racecraft is not making at this time
I love messing with the HedgeHog!!!!
Notice your first search tried to help you out by directing you to the correct fuel that doesn't explode your engine.

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
@RABTECH, I notice:
If I had the opportunity to go with a turbo, it would be Hahn, just personal taste. I have other vendor's products already, great stuff, just found the purple alpha fuel search to have good results.

Rab on the forums--it's obviously not child's play.
Think he's got full signal strength?
Bet on it. He's bald for a reason.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Do a search for "turbo 101" and it brings you to Rabtech's home page. This guy knows EVERYTHING there is to know about turbos and has the videos to prove how well they run when he gets his hands on one

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Haha good! No going back and editing your post. You realize it's getting close to smokies time??
Yep. I can't wait. I would leave right now if I could. Can't wait to see everyone. Nothing like having good friends, good food, and good spirits to have a great time.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts