Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
What year of SlingShot do you have? Though I would find it hard to believe if this is the problem that it has not been taken care of by now, but back in the very beginning when the SlingShot was introduced, there was an issue with the steering developing play:
The cure for this issue was a reflash of the ECU.
Bill

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
ECU- Engine Control Unit. It's the computer that controls engine operation and vehicle safety systems such as ABS, Traction & Stability Control systems, etc. When ithe ECU software is updated, it is usually referred to as a reflash, referring to the memory storage.

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
401 Posts
If the steering wheel is loose the ECU has nothing to do with it. Usually the nut holding the steering wheel to the hub is loose. Also on the older ones there was an update to the set screw holding the two steering shafts together (this also helped the "tight" feel of the steering wheel).

Scott

·
Registered
770 Posts
The lower pivot bolt right next to the rack can be loose and give it a loose feel at straight down the road. Also high tire pressure makes it feel loose at times. Too low makes it feel heavy and 32-34+ makes it overly sensitive. Too much toe in also can make it twitchy! I have seen posts about play in the the rod ends and ball joints on very high mileage vehicles. You need to check it all out! A laser alignment should find any issues!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 2016 Titanium SS and had loose steering from the beginning. Also my steering wheel would gradually shift so that it was offset by 90 degrees to the left when driving straight. It was so off to the left that when I hit the left turn signal it would not stay on unless I held it down through the turn. Dealer straightened wheel out multiple times but would always shift back to being 90 degrees off to the left. My steering always remained loose and then my tires wore out on the insides only. The outsides looked new but the inside 3 inches were worn bald and this was at 2000 miles. I complained to the dealer plus I had extended warranty. Finally my dealer Service department Fought with Polaris and got them to replaced my entire front end and steering Assembly under warranty coverage and now it drives perfect. The only thing Polaris wouldn‘t cover Under warranty was new tires so I had to pay that out of pocket.

The only 2 issues I still with my SS is the brake light still comes on even after they supposedly replaced the problem and no radio reception even with and added amplified antenna.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts