Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you worried about the exhaust pipe exit?

Look like its gonna smell gaz when stock in traffic...:depressed:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Are you worried about the exhaust pipe exit?

Look like its gonna smell gaz when stock in traffic...:depressed:
Because of the 5 inch frame Clearance There's no room to run an exhaust underneath the frame. We may have to turn out a side exhaust, And tell the ol lady not to breathe at Stoplights. I'm sure that's going to go over like a turd in the punch bowl.

I wish some of the guys that of actually done demos in this thing, Would chime in and let us know if they had any issues

·
You could've had a V8
2,361 Posts
I think something running at a diagonal down the side (matching the tub) and exiting just aft of the tub would be cool if the heat shield was kinda angular like the car itself. Sort of like a new style Cobra.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live 50km from Montréal...impossible to not cross the area trafic in the week...and week-end!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not worried if I drive, the problem is stuck in traffic or go downtown in Montréal for fun...
This may be an unnecessary concern but its strange to see the exhaust pipe ahead!

·
Registered
424 Posts
The exhaust exit was my first concern too when I first saw the pic. I'm glad others had a concern too. While I would like to run on the open road, I know there will be plenty of times I will be stationary with engine running. I work construction equipment all of which put exhaust right out by the person operating it and I can tell you it gets hot and nasty fumes all day. Any thing to get the exhaust behind passengers would seem to make sense for health and fatigue wise.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The exhaust isn't a big issue. Yes you might smell a little bit stopped but not nearly as bad as you might think. Now if you go revving your engine at a stop your passenger might get a little warm and crinkle their nose...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Are there any 6"oval exhaust pipes to run under the cockpit and exit at the rear? Oval will aid in the minimal clearance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
SLORIDE: I have my complete system under the SS from front to back exit on left side a small amoun ofgrinding on the trans and all is good my installer is the "go to" shop for performance exhaust in the lower mainland of British Columbia pricy because it can be take off by undoing some clamps and brackets

1 - 20 of 24 Posts