Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Hey guys.. I know this is a DIY thread.. but I thought it worth mentioning that we're about done with our factory backup camera harness for aftermarket head units. It is mostly plug n play and will allow you to not only have "reverse trigger" of the backup screen, but a manual "dash switch" option that will allow you to view the backup camera when not in reverse. We're looking at $24.95 on this! Not as cheap as the DIY version.. but for those that don't have the experience level.. this may be a good option for you.

We also have an FM radio signal booster that is also plug n play that will boost the FM signal on both the factory head unit along with aftermarket stereos!

These are both coming in January!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you have the newer pioneer double dins, you dont need a switch flr the camera to stay on. You can select it in the source menu.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yes i connected into the wires on that plug harness as it was a lot easier then running wire to the speaker pods. I found a chart on this forum which had what each wire was.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanx!! I wound up buyin a pioneer mini amp to replace stock amp so my set up chsnged. Gonna have to run my own speaker wire to each speaker since I bought 4 channel. Thanx for help tho

·
Registered
190 Posts
View attachment 119201 I took stock amp out and I connect to these wires, correct?
Hi DobiSlingNJ, I bought a pioneer avh4800bs. And please, I need help with the wiring of it. I am not using an amp....yet. I am going to disconnect and take the radio unit out. I was going to use the wiring harness left in there for hook up. I saw you use a pioneer like me and would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance, Lui.

Reactions: EjFord

·
Registered
190 Posts
To all of you that have posted their experiences with the install of the pioneer stereo, I thank you so very much. Without your help I would not have been able to do the install of my avhx4800bs. The dealer wanted to charge me for 4 hours at $65 per hour...ouch!!! So, again I tip my hat and extend my hand to thank you all. Kudos to all here in the forums.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi all, has anyone installed a pioneer avh4100bs, with a 7" screen? I am in the process of making a custom bracket so the screen sits vertically straight. I noticed that the sun would shine onto the screen making it impossible to see it clearly. I will post pics as soon as I am done. If anyone has this unit in their sling, can you please post some pics?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Different model# but a pioneer double din, with this double din mount there was some trimming that had to be done and you see one of the pics with the cover down ( I added the 2.5% tint on it ) ...There are other double din mount kits that have a different cover over the head unit and probably would protect it better from the rain....

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Different model# but a pioneer double din, with this double din mount there was some trimming that had to be done and you see one of the pics with the cover down ( I added the 2.5% tint on it ) ...There are other double din mount kits that have a different cover over the head unit and probably would protect it better from the rain....
Hi MaddMoe, I like your install. I was thinking of that mount. I want my screen to be as vertical as possible, so I have started to make a bracket. I haven't found a mount to do what I want, therefore DaVinci has to help me...lol.

Reactions: MaddMoe
21 - 34 of 34 Posts