Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And NO that aint the back tire. I am in shock how much taller. I know the SL tire is showing all of the difference on the top because it isnt mounted on the SS. But the height is still that much taller.

·
Registered
508 Posts
What ate the sizes on the tires?
They must of change the tires sizes on production model. Hmmm..interesting. I have notice while looking at the Polaris Internet sight that specs on SL wheels are not available.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here ya go.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Found the measurement on polaris specs. Anyways it's about 21 mm ( a little over 3/4" inch taller) difference than SS. Wonder why they went taller instead of being the same diameter as the SS. I guess they wanted more meat on it or they do not have 215/45/18? Who knows for the reason?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going to say 3/4 on top and bottom. It has to be at least 1.5" taller.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here ya go.

Reactions: dinger

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No. You would only get 3/4 more clearance

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didnt I post on this awhile back :)
Yep, thats why the base model will spin up just a little quicker....
Go Titanium!
I may need to leave my base wheels on. Its already to weak in 5th.

However I guess 4th would pull a little longer now...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Found the measurement on polaris specs. Anyways it's about 21 mm ( a little over 3/4" inch taller) difference than SS. Wonder why they went taller instead of being the same diameter as the SS. I guess they wanted more meat on it or they do not have 215/45/18? Who knows for the reason?
They knew the red ones had more power and the keep the rear tire from losing too much reaction, they went with a taller tire to drop the final gear ratio down some. Plus it gave it more top end speed as well. A win win for the RED!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts