Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a 2021 R Limited at the dealer tomorrow, is there anything I should double check prior to leaving the dealer with it?

Stuff I heard to check:
  • Keyfob lock/unlock with beep function
  • Master Code / Unlock code if keyfob dies
  • Test Apple Care play

Anything else would be great, the dealer said they had to assemble the SS today.. anything I should be worried about or checking to ensure nothing was done incorrectly?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am picking up a 2021 R Limited at the dealer tomorrow, is there anything I should double check prior to leaving the dealer with it?

Stuff I heard to check:
  • Test Apple Care play

Anything else would be great, the dealer said they had to assemble the SS today.. anything I should be worried about or checking to ensure nothing was done incorrectly?
I don't have a 2021, I have a 2019 S, but just do your dew diligence, and go around and check every single aspect of the feature's and you should be just fine! Warranty on these are fantastic, so don't worry so much! Have a blast, & keep it Sling'n my friend!

·
Registered
85 Posts
One of my 2021 R headlight plugs was loose and fully disconnected on the ride home. I also noticed that it’s a bit stiffer to close the hood fully. I drive for like 5 miles the his a bump and noticed the hood wasn’t closed fully. Make sure they put 6 quarts instead of 5(was a service update on the 2020). Other than that it was all good. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the updates (I will need to check in the 6 vs 5 quart on oil based on that bulletin) here is the status thus far.
1. bought extended warranty (total of 5 year)
2. Dealer didn’t know how to setup the security system. I was informed they would have the instructions when I go back for plate/first maint as they had to order a new cable to hook it up to the computer. So the lock / unlock buttons still don’t work. [update: I’m not 100% the buttons will do anything when pressed, does anyone know?] I found instructions on page 65 of the manual and also here: Slingshot Keyless Ignition and Security System Operation | Polaris Slingshot Do I need the dealer to do this or can I set this up if I know the master code? Is the mater code the 4 digit code on the stamped metal piece attached to keys? [update: stamped metal is not the master code, will obtain from dealer tomorrow]
3. This also leads me to believe the dealer may not of updated the ride command software as it came in and was built on Tuesday and I picked it up on Wed afternoon. (Cable for their service laptop/system was stated to be broken well before Tuesday) [update: I checked the version I’m running and it seems to be the latest]
4. We took the SS on an overnight trip to the keys and the ride command system kept loosing audio and cruise control. Audio: ride command would say audio is playing but no sound from speakers. Cruise-control: cruise would turn on but not able to set a speed. Only way to fix the issue was to pull over and competent turn off the SS and then it back on. (This was quite annoying, as had to make several stops, on trip down and back)
5. the SS is now ready for 500 mile maint, spoke to dealer and they are going to perform maint and also see what’s wrong with ride command.
6. I thought Apple car play allowed you to use the ride command screen to put apps from your Apple phone on the screen like Waze, but appears this is not the case with the ride command system, just contacts, messages, and ability for phone calls. [update: ride command will work as I originally thought but need to connect a Bluetooth headset to enable that function]
7. When we reached our destination it was cold (well cold for us Floridians) and the SS started to idle rough and didn’t seem to want to start (only did this once)..
8. I did notice the transmission was shifting much better closer to the 500 mile mark.

My updates for now, overall extremely happy with the SS and now my wife and daughter can also join me on some motorcycle runs (also have a Harley)..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you noticed if your belt is riding to the inside out outside of the pully in the rear?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have you noticed if your belt is riding to the inside out outside of the pully in the rear?
The 2021 rear sprocket is different. The belt should ride on the outward side of the pulley. It is like that on my 2021 and also in media that Polaris keeps emailing me. You can see the teeth of the belt on the photo below.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Stuff I heard to check:
  • Test Apple Care play

Check oil level. New engine has more oil. So, if you change oil yourself 5 qts is not enough. Hope you enjoy your SS. I am on old guy-retired- cannot afford new one.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Stuff I heard to check:
  • Test Apple Care play

The key fob does not die. My 2020, if security is not used after a pie rod of time it will go dormant. You can reactivate it by turning on Acc by pressing start without the foot on the brake, turn on left signal, then right signal and flash your high beams. Turn off sling and the fob security will work again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts