Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just went to my dealership in Hattiesburg, MS to look at their SL demo that they retained out of the two received. I have a base on order upgraded to SL through options. I knew mine wasn't in but wanted to see one in the flesh. Though I'm eager to get mine, I was concerned that they would look like a little too much plastic. I was pleasantly surprised with the actual appearance, fit and finish considering the price. I was offered a test drive in the SL but declined...I can wait until mine is in and there was a line of people wanting to drive it who didn't have one on order. Tick Tock.

Z

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought it would be best served if potential customers got to demo one. I'm not new to the concept of the reverse three wheeler and I haven't been completely deprived while others wait for theirs....

I think having the Morgan and the Slingshot will cover both ends of the spectrum.

Z

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought it would be best served if potential customers got to demo one. I'm not new to the concept of the reverse three wheeler and I haven't been completely deprived while others wait for theirs....

I think having the Morgan and the Slingshot will cover both ends of the spectrum.

Sweet! I imagine the handling dynamics to be very different from the morgan!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Morgan doesn't have any electronic assistance other than fuel injections. The S&S X-Wedge engine doesn't make the horsepower that the EcoTech does but the Morgan weighs 600 lbs. less than the SS putting the power to weight ratio about dead even (9.56 lb/hp for the Morgan vs. 9.60 lb/hp for the SS). The skinny front wheels of the Morgan tend to push in hard corner where I'm sure the SS will hold the road better. The major drawback with the Morgan (aside from price) is that it was rushed into production where some unforeseen mechanical issues got pushed through as well.

The first accessory to go in my SS will be a radar detector...the second will be a tire plug kit and compressor.

Z

·
Registered
410 Posts
That is some serious willpower. I might've been tempted to take it for a test drive and never come back. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts