Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has Photoshop skillz and time on their hands?

I have a note into a buddy to do it, but would be great to see mockups of SS in various colors. I've seen this sort of thing happen on pretty much every car forum I've been on. If there's a 'toy', it will be modified. Coming from the Lotus world (the orange one in the first pic is my car), I think wild looking vehicles like these scream for the bright 'skittles' colors.

So, anyone willing to volunteer? I'd happily do it if I knew how.

Oh, and if we are getting greedy, let's start with a list of colors to see it rendered in - I'll go:

- Lotus Chrome Orange (would look very KTM X-Bow)
- Lambo Ithaca Verde - my absolute favorite
- Kawasaki Green or perhaps Porsche Signal Green
- Ferrari Giallo Fly or Corvette Millennium Yellow
- Mustang Grabber Blue
- Dodge Plum Crazy Purple
- Any 'brilliant' white - ala Jeep or perhaps Ferrari 'Bianco Fuji' (pearl white)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Wondering if anyone has Photoshop skillz and time on their hands?

I have a note into a buddy to do it, but would be great to see mockups of SS in various colors. I've seen this sort of thing happen on pretty much every car forum I've been on. If there's a 'toy', it will be modified. Coming from the Lotus world (the orange one in the first pic is my car), I think wild looking vehicles like these scream for the bright 'skittles' colors.

So, anyone willing to volunteer? I'd happily do it if I knew how.

Oh, and if we are getting greedy, let's start with a list of colors to see it rendered in - I'll go:

- Lotus Chrome Orange (would look very KTM X-Bow)
- Lambo Ithaca Verde - my absolute favorite
- Kawasaki Green or perhaps Porsche Signal Green
- Ferrari Giallo Fly or Corvette Millennium Yellow
- Mustang Grabber Blue
- Dodge Plum Crazy Purple
- Any 'brilliant' white - ala Jeep or perhaps Ferrari 'Bianco Fuji' (pearl white)

Have you looked in the Gallery section?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are some pretty cool renderings on that gallery. As a Blackhawks fan, it hurts my sensibilities, but the Red Wings livery is actually quite cool!

I just watched the service videos on body panel removal. Very easy and I'd imagine we'll see some very unique things done via paint or wrap. Based on the easy removal of the panels and the lack of overall body real estate, wrapping, hydrodipping and yes, paint, won't be too cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Actually I was just kidding with the grey remark. One reason I bought a base model in grey is because it is a blank canvas for painting or wrapping. Lots of options with a neutral interior and I agree that the color can go nearly any direction on this vehicle and look incredible. My guess is Polaris will launch at least a third color for the 16' model year but I am very interested to see some of the completed custom paint and wrap that will happen here.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I was just kidding with the grey remark. One reason I bought a base model in grey is because it is a blank canvas for painting or wrapping. Lots of options with a neutral interior and I agree that the color can go nearly any direction on this vehicle and look incredible. My guess is Polaris will launch at least a third color for the 16' model year but I am very interested to see some of the completed custom paint and wrap that will happen here.
I agree! These crazy vehicles just scream for a crazy color!

I like the blank canvas aspect of the base model - not only from a interior perspective (audio, nav, etc), but also the grey interior, seats. For example, if go orange, yellow, white or green on the panels, the seats (and even the dash) will still look great. If I went red, umm, not so much. A yellow and black car with red interior? Eek.

Could look like Ronald McDonald or this hideous thing:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not a rapper. Some goofy Euro dude (German or Dutch) I believe with an equally goofy concubine wife.

He calls it he 'Red Gold Dream'. Under this skin, it's a fantastic car - a Mercedes McLaren SLR. What he did to it is horrific.

Google it for fun - but have a puke bucket ready.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
trying to do this in a Mexican accent, ...put some dingle ball inside with spinners on the outside, low ride system, dude, lets cruze!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I agree! These crazy vehicles just scream for a crazy color!

I like the blank canvas aspect of the base model - not only from a interior perspective (audio, nav, etc), but also the grey interior, seats. For example, if go orange, yellow, white or green on the panels, the seats (and even the dash) will still look great. If I went red, umm, not so much. A yellow and black car with red interior? Eek.

Could look like Ronald McDonald or this hideous thing:

Are heavy gold neck chains an available accessory?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts