Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this racing Chip on Ebay for the Polaris slingshot. They claim to add 9 to 15 more horsepower, won't damage the ECU and won't avoid the warranty.
Seems to good to be true for only $35
I email the seller, he said that is good for all Polaris slingshot, anybody has any info about this chip?
Thanks for all the information.
The link for the chip

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
These "chips" are generally an inline resistor placed on the "air intake sensor".
They claim to fool the ecu into thinking the outside air intake temp is colder than it really is thus, allowing the ecu to:
1. send more fuel.
2. increase timing.

There are various youtube videos showing dyno results before and after for similar devises.
None that I have seen actually did anything in terms of gain.

What these types are known for is check engine lights.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These "chips" are generally an inline resistor placed on the "air intake sensor".
They claim to fool the ecu into thinking the outside air intake temp is colder than it really is thus, allowing the ecu to:
1. send more fuel.
2. increase timing.

There are various youtube videos showing dyno results before and after for similar devises.
None that I have seen actually did anything in terms of gain.

What these types are known for is check engine lights.
Thank you for the information, I did see a couple videos on YouTube and doesn't work this chip.
I appreciate your help mpj220!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thank you for the information, I did see a couple videos on YouTube and doesn't work this chip.
I appreciate your help mpj220!
If you are looking for a little more "pep in the step".....take a look at the pedal commander throttle controller.
While it does not increase any horsepower, it certainly increases the throttle response.
It put a grin on my face. A few other club members picked them up as well and all are very happy.
They are $300 but often have 10% coupons available.

The downside is that you will be replacing your rear tire more often.

Something else that made a slight difference was a cool air kit on my SL.
I have no scientific data other than my on board butt dyno.
It also gives a slight more aggressive sound (likely influencing the butt dyno)

Header / exhaust would be the next option that is noticeable.

If you do both of the above, a tune would give you a bit more.

Lastly...... you can always shoot the moon and get a DDM Works supercharger kit.
I probably just should have started with this as........ I know that is where I will end up.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts