Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patience -
Mine is definitely being tested with regards to the Slingshot!

This incredibly new piece of futuristic awesomeness has me acting like a 5 year old the night before Christmas and Santa can't come fast enough!

I spent most of the afternoon speaking with numerous sales people today. They will not say much other than, "Polaris has been completely overwhelmed with pre-orders. They're scrambling to get this done but it will take time to straighten it all out. You can count on Polaris to get it handled and everyone will get their machine but don't get your hopes up to high for any quick releases."

I still hope they're all wrong, but this has been a completely different tone than I had heard in July. I am first in line at my dealer and put my deposit down Monday morning right after the July 27th reveal. The information at that time was a initial sales release towards the end of September into the beginning of October. Now I am being told possibly the middle to end of November or later.

Hoping someone else has some better news....

Original July 28th press info was a September sales release, two examples found at the end of both articles;
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/11463/20140728/polaris-slingshot-is-three-wheels-of-awesomeness.htm
http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-first-look-polaris-slingshot-roadster-unveiled-20140724-story.html

·
Registered
843 Posts
In my case it touches me less because I do not have the SS before April ... but I understand that it must be annoying for those who want it now!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to find a way to trailer it back.
With an overall width of 6.5' and a length of 12.5' your going to need at least a 7'x14' enclosed trailer. I am leaning in that direction if necessary. My dealer already said they would store it over the winter for me if it comes to that....but, I don't think so!

·
Registered
620 Posts
November ,wtf ! I would be so disappointed in Polaris if it took that long, I just might pick up my deposit and wait till early spring . Maybe Yamaha or Honda will come out with plan's to build one by then and I would rather have a Yamaha anyway.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
November ,wtf ! I would be so disappointed in Polaris if it took that long, I just might pick up my deposit and wait till early spring.
Don't get bummed out yet!
Until Polaris makes it official no one really knows until the end of September, because that so far has been the only release date information officially given out by Polaris.

Also, I wouldn't even think of picking up your deposit and losing your pre-order place in line. You could possibly be waiting a lot longer than spring if the large amount of pre-orders is accurate.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Early on my dealer said something about early October... in subsequent visits he won't even talk about it. Won't confirm/deny what he'd said earlier and won't discuss it further. Doesn't leave you with a warm/fuzzy feeling. I'm in the "if it's too close to winter, I'll get my deposit back and wait 'til spring" camp.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Early on my dealer said something about early October... in subsequent visits he won't even talk about it. Won't confirm/deny what he'd said earlier and won't discuss it further. Doesn't leave you with a warm/fuzzy feeling. I'm in the "if it's too close to winter, I'll get my deposit back and wait 'til spring" camp.
My dealer said if i put a deposit on the SS and are only ready to delivery in winter he can store it until i decide to take it in spring! So i'll be sure to got mine if they are receive the SS one by one!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Early on my dealer said something about early October... in subsequent visits he won't even talk about it. Won't confirm/deny what he'd said earlier and won't discuss it further. Doesn't leave you with a warm/fuzzy feeling.
You're confirming exactly what I am hearing and seeing, which is the reason for my post.
It is still very early for any of us to get disappointed, but we also need to settle down the excitement and be ready for a possible delayed release. Anyone that has already pre-ordered is way ahead of the curve and part of something that is much bigger than Polaris even imagined!

Just like I explained to @dinger, if there is a delayed release it would be due to the overwhelming amount of pre-orders. The last thing you would want to do is get your deposit back or you might be waiting long past this spring.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I won't ask for my deposit back. I will take delivery no matter what.
I will take her home in an enclosed trailer. And I will snuggle with her,
stare at her, and sit in her making vroom vroom noises till spring.
If the wife has not sent me to the nut house by then. I will enjoy
being one of the first on the road with her! :happy:

·
Registered
843 Posts
I won't ask for my deposit back. I will take delivery no matter what.
I will take her home in an enclosed trailer. And I will snuggle with her,
stare at her, and sit in her making vroom vroom noises till spring.
If the wife has not sent me to the nut house by then. I will enjoy
being one of the first on the road with her! :happy:
Why you don't see with your dealer if they can deliver the SS at your home by them self...my dealer told me if i want it at my house in middle of winter they can deliver at home but in my case i have no garage so he will store it at the dealer until spring...

I believe it is the responsibility of the dealer to make the delivery in winter, for he could not have the SS when you were ready to have it!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why you don't see with your dealer if they can deliver the SS at your home by them self...my dealer told me if i want it at my house in middle of winter they can deliver at home but in my case i have no garage so he will store it at the dealer until spring...

I believe it is the responsibility of the dealer to make the delivery in winter, for he could not have the SS when you were ready to have it!
I will check with them if it looks like it will come down to it being to dealers during winter.
Doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks! :)
There an hour and forty minutes away. Don't know if that will effect that or not.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My dealer has stated that the October delivery is 3 units. 1 base model and 2 SS models. One of the SS models must be used as a demo. So that leaves two that will be sold from the first delivery. If you are #1 or #2 on your dealers reservation list you should be in the October schedule. # 3 and above on the list my dealer is saying delivery before the end of the year. I am #5 so if it is a Christmas present I am happy if it arrives before Christmas I am very happy. Christmas is very good riding weather in south Florida.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've already laid the groundwork for having it delivered if it's outside of an October delivery. Even if I have to pay for it. Hopefully my proximity to the manufacturing plant helps my delivery date :D
NVD, hopefully, that just ain't right, :D

When I asked my dealer about how delivery was going to work, He seemed to think that the top $$$ dealers in each region would receive them first.

He talked to the regional manager for Polaris on Friday. The regional manager said the delivery was still scheduled to start the first week of October, But that it could take 1-2 months to get The first-order to all of the dealers. So some of these rumors of November could very well be true Depending on how the dealer stacked up in revenue

·
Registered
642 Posts
NVD, hopefully, that just ain't right, :D

When I asked my dealer about how delivery was going to work, He seemed to think that the top $$$ dealers in each region would receive them first.

He talked to the regional manager for Polaris on Friday. The regional manager said the delivery was still scheduled to start the first week of October, But that it could take 1-2 months to get The first-order to all of the dealers. So some of these rumors of November could very well be true Depending on how the dealer stacked up in revenue
Well, if it's going to be Dec/Jan, I'd rather it take longer and just end up here in April :p

On the bright side of things, if that does occur, I think Polaris will find it has to release information about A. What is going on and B. Maybe some more specs.

·
Registered
843 Posts
My dealer has stated that the October delivery is 3 units. 1 base model and 2 SS models. One of the SS models must be used as a demo. So that leaves two that will be sold from the first delivery. If you are #1 or #2 on your dealers reservation list you should be in the October schedule. # 3 and above on the list my dealer is saying delivery before the end of the year. I am #5 so if it is a Christmas present I am happy if it arrives before Christmas I am very happy. Christmas is very good riding weather in south Florida.
Same here, the dealer MUST BUY the first SL(not SS...;)) he reveive and use it as demo and the other was for sale...!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts