Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.......... I'm fine with bubbles on speedo........
Ok......... I'm fine with sharp edges on paint....
OK......... I'm fine with steering column and other parts not lining up
OK.......... I'm fine with very soft and wavy paint
OK.......... I'm fine with it taking two people to open the hood

I'm not fond of............. but dealing with low RPM almost stall issue ........
High rev only happened once, hoping for self correction.

BUT THIS IS BS !!!!!!!!!!! I ONLY HAVE 450 miles on my Slingshot and only 200+ miles with a passenger sitting in this seat. The white you will see in photos below is the foam inside the seat. As you can see I'm a pretty forgiving guy by the other issues I won't let bother me................................... but........................... Passenger seat is already ripped at the seam ????????? WTF POLARIS ????????

This isn't 2k miles.......
This isn't 1k miles........
This isn't 500 miles........
This is less than 450 MILES on odometer, and only 200+ miles with someone sitting in this passenger seat

IMG_6723.JPG
IMG_6724.JPG
IMG_6725.JPG

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Damn, that wouldn't make me happy either, but you're more angry about that, than you are about the RPM issues? Not judging, just asking....Have you talked with the dealer (or Polaris) about a replacement yet?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I dont even know what to say .. A split seam right away?. That isnt right .

·
Registered
791 Posts
Let me ask about one of your comments about it taking two to open the hood?? Is yours misaligned or? Mine, once hood is released, can be opened with one hand pulling up and towards the front grasping the metal plate just above the latch.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Ok.......... I'm fine with bubbles on speedo........
Ok......... I'm fine with sharp edges on paint....
OK......... I'm fine with steering column and other parts not lining up
OK.......... I'm fine with very soft and wavy paint
OK.......... I'm fine with it taking two people to open the hood

I'm not fond of............. but dealing with low RPM almost stall issue ........
High rev only happened once, hoping for self correction.

BUT THIS IS #UCK#@G BS !!!!!!!!!!! I ONLY HAVE 250 miles on my Slingshot and only 100+ miles with a passenger sitting in this seat. The white you will see in photos below is the foam inside the seat. As you can see I'm a pretty forgiving guy by the other issues I won't let bother me................................... but........................... Passenger seat is already ripped at the seam ????????? WTF POLARIS ????????

This isn't 2k miles.......
This isn't 1k miles........
This isn't 500 miles........
This is less than 250 MILES on odometer, and less than 100 miles in this passenger seat

I agree this is just beyond BS! 24K ? really??-
and the font is bold because i ant all to see that i feel we got total bait and switch, i have the RPM (RPMGATE) issue as well.

View attachment 4456 View attachment 4457 View attachment 4458

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

and the font is bold because i ant all to see that i feel we got total bait and switch, i have the RPM (RPMGATE) issue as well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, that wouldn't make me happy either, but you're more angry about that, than you are about the RPM issues? Not judging, just asking....Have you talked with the dealer (or Polaris) about a replacement yet?

Yes the RPM high rev and low RPM stutter will be easily corrected with a ECM flash and Upgrade. I went through the same scenario with CAN AM and they will find a fix. Give it some time............... As early adapters (pioneers), that stuff will happen and I knew it might not run perfect out of the box...... and I expected slight mechanical issues prior to purchase and was prepared......

Ripped seat I didn't expect.......................................... , :mad:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Gotta be covered under warranty, no? By the by, I've never used two people to open my hood. Actually very easy once ya get the feel for it. If you're doing it correctly and still having problems have the dealer look at that too.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Yes the RPM high rev and low RPM stutter will be easily corrected with a ECM flash and Upgrade. I went through the same scenario with CAN AM and they will find a fix. Give it some time............... As early adapters (pioneers), that stuff will happen and I knew it might not run perfect out of the box...... and I expected slight mechanical issues prior to purchase and was prepared......

Ripped seat I didn't expect.......................................... , :mad:
I have had vehicles run perfect out of the box.......But I do expect bugs too. You'll have to keep us posted about how they deal with the seat. Curious to know if they try to blame it on damage caused by the passenger (making it a hassle) or if they just give you a replacement seat. That sucks man, sorry to hear.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bait and switch? How on earth do you perceive this as a 'bait and switch' scenario? Are we just throwing out random "unethical business practices" catch phrases at this point?

Not to downplay the disappointment of the seam separation... that's clearly not good... but there seems to be a considerable amount of overreaction and conspiracy theorizing going on around here these days.

This is one reported instance of seat failure. Let's see how it is handled and whether it is symptomatic of a widespread problem before we light the torches and brandish the pitchforks. Hopefully it's a one-time "oops", arntufun gets a quick resolution, and it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is a really weird spot for the seat to rip also since a lot more pressure would be near the ass part... Sorry to hear man let us know what they do to replace it..

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
HEFFA- for all the issues- i am entitled to my opinion and thats the way i feel, and its not the seat issue its everything, SEAT, RPMS, Unaligned Molding, GLE on Molding,Crappy Paint Job, i have a list want more?

·
2,333 Posts
Manufacturing defect = warranty replacement ........ should be simple although I would probably expect it to take a while.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it isn't covered, you folks might be reading about me on Yahoo or Google.......... LOL LOL Only playing...............:D

I don't see why it wouldn't be covered............ As you can see there is not one spec of dirt in those photos and less than 100 miles in that seat !!!!!!!:hungover:

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
If it isn't covered, you folks might be reading about me on Yahoo or Google.......... LOL LOL Only playing...............:D

I don't see why it wouldn't be covered............ As you can see there is not one spec of dirt in those photos and less than 100 miles in that seat !!!!!!!:hungover:
I get it and I agree. Looks like a defect to me rather than damage. I'm just curious to see how easy it will be. That would suck for me in Oregon as I'm out in the rain a lot. I'd imagine that foam would take on water now that it's exposed? Is it only the skin that repels water?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Man your profile pictures just freaks me out everytime i see it! haha

But back on point. They should replace the seat with no issues I would think.... If not you might wanna look at other options..

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I certainly do not believe Polaris is running any sort of scam with the Slingshot either.
In the heat of the moment sometimes people say things they don't exactly mean. Consider that they are replacing whole body panels for paint issues and entire hood brackets for loose cushion pads already, at a loss to them.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts