Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. We're not able to hold the current (first adopter price to the forum) much longer. Our plug and drive wire harness and marketing expences are giving our accounting colleagues concern that we'll not recover our design and tooling investment.

Best,
Paul
How much are you planning to raise it? If it's gets pricey, like the others, I'll just go back to looking for a shop to make me one...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Mine is right know at the painter,.
I just checked today and he did a plastic sample in pearl red and it matches 100%. I did supply him with the paint.:):)

·
Registered
79 Posts
We've been the best bargain SS fender available. We aim to always be the best bargain. Our increase has not been determined yet.
Paul
Oh, I know, lol! I'm just not paying $500 or more for a simple steel fender from any other company! Yours looks like it should've come with it and the price is a little high, for me right now, but it's more than a basic steel quarter-round fender. If that makes sense....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Oh, I know, lol! I'm just not paying $500 or more for a simple steel fender from any other company! Yours looks like it should've come with it and the price is a little high, for me right now, but it's more than a basic steel quarter-round fender. If that makes sense....

Again, thank you for the vote of confidence.
We'll be here for you.
Looking forward,
Paul

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just ordered the fender and all the extras. Post pictures when you get it installed the color looks great. Is there a paint code/number you used?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Beautiful finish. Hats off to your painter. The fender is ABS with an acrylic (UV inhibiting) cap layer. It needs no special plastic primer that is necessary on polypropylene. However, the red looks brightest when applied over a standard light gray automotive primer.
Looking forward to seeing it installed.
Paul

Just got my Stealth fender back from painting.
Here you can see how close the color matches.
OEM Belt cover. Bellow Fender.
View attachment 55420

View attachment 55416 View attachment 55417 View attachment 55418 View attachment 55419

·
Registered
600 Posts
Beautiful finish. Hats off to your painter. The fender is ABS with an acrylic (UV inhibiting) cap layer. It needs no special plastic primer that is necessary on polypropylene. However, the red looks brightest when applied over a standard light gray automotive primer.
Looking forward to seeing it installed.
Paul

Well I did supply them with the paint, the red PRL CLEAR, and the light grey plastic primer. The weather sucks for the weekend so I'll install it next weekend.
I posted this in the other FORUM also.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Paint match looks spot on. Looks great.

looks ugly
Critical much? To each his own... But why rain on the guys parade?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts