Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok hopefully one of you can answer this. Pandora works via both bluetooth and usb however only when connected via usb does the infotainment center allow me to use the preset button to change Pandora stations?
Solution??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Solution? No, I think that is the way it is designed. You must use the USB to get the full Pandora functionality. (I may be wrong, but I think it is true. Mine works this way, too.)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Solution? No, I think that is the way it is designed. You must use the USB to get the full Pandora functionality. (I may be wrong, but I think it is true. Mine works this way, too.)
Or lack of design as this is not the case with other head units.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I have a 6plus, so if I load Pandora on it and plug it in glovebox, I can control all functions at the head unit while phone is in glovebox?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ok hopefully one of you can answer this. Pandora works via both bluetooth and usb however only when connected via usb does the infotainment center allow me to use the preset button to change Pandora stations?
Solution??
Look at it this way atleast your bluethooth connects. I don't think it works with Droids. I have tried pairing mine, and it did not work as well as with the usb cable. I need to get my friends Iphone and see if it will pair. If it does I may be going to the 6plus phone.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Look at it this way atleast your bluethooth connects. I don't think it works with Droids. I have tried pairing mine, and it did not work as well as with the usb cable. I need to get my friends Iphone and see if it will pair. If it does I may be going to the 6plus phone.
My 6plus pairs with mine.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I use a USB cable so that when I arrive my phone is fully charged. I leave the cable hanging from the glovebox. The only annoying thing about it is people saying you have a cable hanging there. Flare them! I am going to buy a red and black braided cable off of eBay soon.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I use a USB cable so that when I arrive my phone is fully charged. I leave the cable hanging from the glovebox. The only annoying thing about it is people saying you have a cable hanging there. Flare them! I am going to buy a red and black braided cable off of eBay soon.
Do u have an iphone? When I connect my Droid RZR Maxx it just goes into camera mode on my phone only.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Do u have an iphone? When I connect my Droid RZR Maxx it just goes into camera mode on my phone only.
There isn't a way you can set what your phone does when attached to a USB cable? Sometimes it enters a specific mode when triggered by a media source usb plug. There should be a settings menu in your top bar on an Android phone that looks like a box with a bunch of different lines and shapes coming out, and when you drop down the menu screen from the top, on my phone, it will ask me to decide what plugging in a USB media device does: 1. charge only, 2. play music audio only, 3. play music and system sounds (eg: navigation), etc...

Does that help?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts