Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been custom painting since 1973 and have taken ideas from others and ran with it! But, when it comes to my own bike I always have one heck of a time deciding on a theme. Since I really haven't seen the SS yet, from what I read the gray paint is a pretty good metallic. I know the black stripes have to go a contrasting color.

Here's where I could use some help from you guys on some input for my paint job. Here are some themes and if you help me decide which one I can run with it!

1. Skulls
2. Gearhead
3. Futuristic
4. War
5. Patriotic (present or past)
6. Midevil
7. Video games
8. Pure graphics

There you go. Just give me some help here and I'll try to make you proud!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been custom painting since 1973 and have taken ideas from others and ran with it! But, when it comes to my own bike I always have one heck of a time deciding on a theme. Since I really haven't seen the SS yet, from what I read the gray paint is a pretty good metallic. I know the black stripes have to go a contrasting color.

Here's where I could use some help from you guys on some input for my paint job. Here are some themes and if you help me decide which one I can run with it!

1. Skulls
2. Gearhead
3. Futuristic
4. War
5. Patriotic (present or past)
6. Midevil
7. Video games
8. Pure graphics

There you go. Just give me some help here and I'll try to make you proud!
I could see one of those " fire ball throwing slingshots" from the King Arthur movies on the hood

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I want to see a steampunk Slingshot, but #3 cyberpunk style would be cool.

Reactions: Painter

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I want to see a steampunk Slingshot, but #3 cyberpunk style would be cool.
Steampunk is if the future happened in the 1890s while Cyberpunk is if it happened in the 1990s.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just pick a number my friends....most frequent number is the theme I'm going with.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Please, no skulls! Nine times out of ten, skulls make a vehicle look cheap and frankly, silly. But hey, just my opinion - actual mileage may vary.

Have you seen the SS in person yet? It's VERY busy. VERY busy. Lots of 'folded paper' lines - especially as you look at the body with the seats. I see many graphics as clashing. As others noted, what Cotact Tower did is very cool. The black textured bits are the perfect accent lines for the vehicle. They would look cool painted say, orange, with the grey staying. Or perhaps a gloss/matte black contrast.

Or perhaps all of the black panels (there are many) for contrast against the grey or red OEM body panels.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Please, no skulls! Nine times out of ten, skulls make a vehicle look cheap and frankly, silly. But hey, just my opinion - actual mileage may vary.

Have you seen the SS in person yet? It's VERY busy. VERY busy. Lots of 'folded paper' lines - especially as you look at the body with the seats. I see many graphics as clashing. As others noted, what Cotact Tower did is very cool. The black textured bits are the perfect accent lines for the vehicle. They would look cool painted say, orange, with the grey staying. Or perhaps a gloss/matte black contrast.

Or perhaps all of the black panels (there are many) for contrast against the grey or red OEM body panels.
You're right I've seen the cheese factor in a lot of skull art, regardless of what it's on. I have however seen some very creative stuff that looked great. It'd be difficult to judge unless you see it first (in my opinion.)

1 - 20 of 118 Posts