Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Man that motorcycle show was a lot of fun!
You are correct Polaris was all over my SS at the show, it drew many members of the Polaris team . There was even a private meeting held with Mike Jonikas and Henry at the time.;) All fantastic folks, super excited to see what mods Alpha had accomplished, they all loved the liquid copper wrap color.
You were still the first orange and you did an awesome job xtreme!!:snaphappy::D
Thanks ct. I love the color but I have to say my wrap is now becoming a big pain in the butt. Peeling,bubbles scratches. .. it's coming off this winter. Kicking some house of kolor paint books my painter buddy gave me.:cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Thanks ct. I love the color but I have to say my wrap is now becoming a big pain in the butt. Peeling,bubbles scratches. .. it's coming off this winter. Kicking some house of kolor paint books my painter buddy gave me.:cool:
How long is a decent wrap supposed to hold up to the elements? I wanted to wrap the black hood parts in carbon fiber but not if its only a temp deal

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
lost is a sea of other black/grey base models, except for the batmobile style red trim. hahahaha
I cannot think of a poorer decision on behalf of polaris senior management.

·
Registered
15 Posts
lost is a sea of other black/grey base models, except for the batmobile style red trim. hahahaha
I cannot think of a poorer decision on behalf of polaris senior management.
I think the new black LE is a much better looking unit then the 15 orange LE, but that's just my opinion. I never liked the grey lined seats in the 15 LE, never looked right.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I think the new black LE is a much better looking unit then the 15 orange LE, but that's just my opinion. I never liked the grey lined seats in the 15 LE, never looked right.
I like em all. Haha. But with so many cool lines on the car, it seems to get lost in the grey/black models. And with such a similar look on their base model......just seems to lack creativity. Sooooooo many great paint jobs by other members on here to look at and drool over, and they pick black.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like em all. Haha. But with so many cool lines on the car, it seems to get lost in the grey/black models. And with such a similar look on their base model......just seems to lack creativity. Sooooooo many great paint jobs by other members on here to look at and drool over, and they pick black.
I would have loved to have seen a white one offered. Maybe in 17 models

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Jesus I stopped reading first page, so much effort put into justifying your LE. I have an idea for you @Stinkyfeet , don't worry so much about what others think of your purchase and enjoy it. Just from one post I am ready to put you in afugestion, whatever his name, troll category.
You bought an LE, forgot anyone who has a problem with it and enjoy, after all @hrmiracle has one and that's reason enough to enjoy!

·
May be Addressed as "Madame HRMiracle"
498 Posts
Jesus I stopped reading first page, so much effort put into justifying your LE. I have an idea for you @Stinkyfeet , don't worry so much about what others think of your purchase and enjoy it. Just from one post I am ready to put you in afugestion, whatever his name, troll category.
You bought an LE, forgot anyone who has a problem with it and enjoy, after all @hrmiracle has one and that's reason enough to enjoy!
:hilarious: Never seen a group so unified by design and yet divided by color - At least I can say I overpaid for discontinued double bubble windshields - so TAKE THAT you people who lucked out, underpaid, and got the visor shields. Me and my bad hair days pity you :hilarious:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
:hilarious: Never seen a group so unified by design and yet divided by color - At least I can say I overpaid for discontinued double bubble windshields - so TAKE THAT you people who lucked out, underpaid, and got the visor shields. Me and my bad hair days pity you :hilarious:
Haven't looked at this thread in a long time... @hrmiracle your Doubles look way better than what they are offering now ( that just sounds soooo wrong, sorry).... They could have kept the better looking doubles and just reworked areas to manage the air flow better...
Haven't seen the new designs installed but the funky roll back into the support bar and the weird lines just aren't doing anything for me...

And to keep on topic.... It's not what color you have but how you drive it! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have a grey SL,... yes, I said grey SL, there's no difference other then color, a friend has a red "base",.... yes, I said red base,.. he paid no more for his red then he would have if he bought a grey "base". I paid no more then if I bought a red SL. Buy what you want, it's your money. They are all the same thing, drive the same, sound the same. Just a different color. Enjoy!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
haha. I have stated several times throughout the thread that the comparison was made in jest at comments about how the LE is a waste of money. Both theories are silly, it was just ment to inspire some forum chat. I have over 5000 miles on my SS, several mods, and have no illusions that it will be a treasure in 30 years.
Please folks, I am not a "hater" by any stretch of the imagination. I believe we all visit this page for basically the same reasons, this thread was a little literary "bubble gum" or maybe a "hot pepper" to some. Anyways, if you really read the thread, you would know by now that nobody was baited into agreeing that an LE will be a GT350 one day. Myself included ;)

AND, FYI, if you read this and have not seen the new "SSV" custom build that resembles a WWII fighter plane, gotta see the love that went into it. well done SSVworks.com!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
To all you Orange LE, Red SL, and coming soon Black LE Slingshot models...

How dare you pay more for extra letters after the word Slingshot! ;)

·
Registered
642 Posts
See, it's a cool argument. i agree with your reply, but in 1965 the target market needed a carol Shelby to do the HP increase. The general public didn't have those skills, parts, tools, etc. today is the complete opposite. None of us truly NEED, Polaris to do engine mods on the LE, we are a country full of selfie takers who want something that looks unique.
Lastly, :). A big part of why I wrote the thread is my excitement over the "reverse trike" market in general.
Oh, and lastly, lastly, please understand the above argument is just food for thought and not the rankings of a passionate fool
Oh, I think they had the skills. Pops first new car was a 74 Firebird, but his first car was a 40s something back in the fifties. He is, afterall, the one that taught how to build engines on a shoestring and race them on Friday Nights at Eddyville.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts