Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, New here. is there anyone that could point me into the direction of where I could get real world stock performance specifications on a slingshot? I looked around haven't seemed to have found anything concrete. Or, if some of the more knowledgable members in the slingshot world could chime in that'd be great. Maybe we could compile some info where the mods could create a sticky out of. Info such as weight, horsepower, possibly real world logged 0-60 times. 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile numbers etc. numbers with and without the most beneficial modifications etc. I'm quite intrigued with the slingshot and looking to soak up as much info as I can. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm quite intrigued with the slingshot and looking to soak up as much info as I can. Thanks a lot!
Welcome to the forum!

We have nothing official on the 0-60 but unofficially a Polaris engineer told me 5.1
The best official stock HP was posted by Alpha Powersport when they dynoed my SS last week.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. 5 seconds that low to the pavement with the wind in your face should feel pretty pretty nice. That is, until there are some proven forced induction set-ups that come out...thanks CT

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hmmm. 5 seconds that low to the pavement with the wind in your face should feel pretty pretty nice.
I agree, right now the biggest problem is the stock tire. It's a hard 60,000 mile that needs to be softened up a little for a good hook up. Pay attention to Alpha Powersport here on the forum they have some great stuff coming up in the performance area.
But out of the gate the Slingshot is pretty Bada$$ full of exhilaration!:)

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I agree, right now the biggest problem is the stock tire. It's a hard 60,000 mile that needs to be softened up a little for a good hook up. Pay attention to Alpha Powersport here on the forum they have some great stuff coming up in the performance area.
But out of the gate the Slingshot is pretty Bada$$ full of exhilaration!:)
I can't wait to see the video when yours is finished.....Any idea on an ETA?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I can't wait to see the video when yours is finished.....Any idea on an ETA?
They are very moving fast but with the length of time to completely mock up and fabricate new parts I am thinking most of December and the first part of January. We are making plans for testing in the middle to the end of January and a little added time for any adjustments and things should be pretty complete. But there is a lot more going on than just the turbo, it's amazing the amount of things they're working on improving right now. All of the dress up items, shocks, a complete turbo and tune. Very exciting and all finished in time for an awesome start to the spring of 2015!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
CT, Blue print and balance too?
Not on mine HotRod, maybe Turbosling will go that deep. The factory LE9 can handle the small amount that were throwing at mine without a problem. If you want to completely max out your HP or add more HP without boost you should definitely plan on a Blue and Balance. Turbosling would be the guy to ask in regards to the ecotec and it's factory max hp before a rebuild is necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts