Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now, on a cold engine start, the engine has over-revved and I had to turn off the key to shut it down. Am I alone in this?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Twice now, on a cold engine start, the engine has over-revved and I had to turn off the key to shut it down. Am I alone in this?
Dont have the keys yet , What time is it according to your steering wheel ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Jim, I have only 220 miles on mine so at this time, but so far that hasn't not occurred on mine, I have had slight throttle lag issues but nothing serious at all.
Tom

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you read the forum there are many of us with the same problem,the dealers don't know what to do.They are checking with Polaris.I have been having this problem since day one.2000 miles.Paul

·
Registered
390 Posts
Has happened with my SS 4 times now. Random.. Never know when it's gunna happen except that it's only when the engine is cold. And by far the most damaging thing you can do to any engine is go from dead cold to full throttle without having proper lubrication around the rings and rod bearings.
The engine fires and idles up gently and begins to drop below the ECU's intended idle speed so it dumps fuel at a point that the throttle isn't open so it starves for fuel and it's in a catch 22 situation that results in Major over rev when the O2 sensor reads an extreem lean condition. But it's got a surplus of fuel waiting to be used ..... Anyway you get the idea. Will it crater the engine, fair chance eventually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts