Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a SS dealer in Scottsdale to put a deposit...chickened out. They're getting their demo units in October along with 5 units that have already been $ reserved/ordered. They say they'll be getting a second batch of 8 in November and if I order ASAP I'll be in the #1 spot in that second batch.

Anyway, I got out the door pricing for the SS and the SS-SL. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW; I chickened out because i want to sit in one and see if my ever decreasing in size but still fat ass is comfortable. Stay focussed. Aim for the goal. Slingshot. Health. Slingshot. MILFs, um, I mean better health.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Went to a SS dealer in Scottsdale to put a deposit...chickened out. They're getting their demo units in October along with 5 units that have already been $ reserved/ordered. They say they'll be getting a second batch of 8 in November and if I order ASAP I'll be in the #1 spot in that second batch.

Wow, your sales tax is a killer!! Here in SC it is a Max $300.00

·
Registered
210 Posts
Get a breakdown from a local SS dealer and post it here. It'd be interesting to see!
Price out the door (that I put money on ) ....Base SS with full windshield, $20,499. Taxes, set up, tags, registration and delivery under $1000. He said out of that 1k, I should be keeping a couple of hundred. This is in Myrtle Beach, SC

·
Registered
265 Posts

Where did you get this quote, Ride now powesports is my guess, they are a ripoff with those fees. never buy from they if that's who it is. I'm waiting on my final price and permission from dealer before I post mine.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

The Scottsdale dealership is giving incorrect information. Each dealer gets 3 units in the first shipment of Sept/Oct. then the dealer must place orders with Polaris based on the reservations on hand. Anyway based on the numbers you got from the Scottsdale dealership I am saving over 10% on my purchase in Florida. Unbelievable. I can save almost $2,500 from one dealership to another. Polaris, it is hard to believe that pricing is not more uniform. But in my case I am glad to pocket 10%.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Nah, not Ridenow. ;)
I have the same quote from that dealership. Very nice people there, but lots of confusion about these pre-orders and how to sell items they don't have yet.

This dealership wouldn't even sell there base model or one SL in the first batch. They are keeping them on the floor as display to sell other units. The also have a non-refundable deposit because..."We are ordering a unit just for you".

Another AZ dealership wont even take deposits because he doesn't want to deal with calls from customers (with down payments) asking about where there Slingshot is. I thought this was pretty funny. I guess you just wait at his door until he takes delivery and then you can buy one.

It is tough to buy one here in AZ for some odd reason. I really wish I new a good shipping company, so I could get one from a dealership outside the state that is more reasonable.

Delray and AZPaul: PM me if you guys find a really good dealership in AZ for service and pricing. My deposit is refundable on a first batch base model.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Scottsdale dealership is giving incorrect information. Each dealer gets 3 units in the first shipment of Sept/Oct. then the dealer must place orders with Polaris based on the reservations on hand. Anyway based on the numbers you got from the Scottsdale dealership I am saving over 10% on my purchase in Florida. Unbelievable. I can save almost $2,500 from one dealership to another. Polaris, it is hard to believe that pricing is not more uniform. But in my case I am glad to pocket 10%.
Rather than reverting back to 5th grade math skillz to figure out the answer; FloridaJoe, what was your OTD price?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pricing sheets. Have to say that $27,500 curbs my excitement a little. I hate all those fees.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
My dealer says no extra add on fees.
The OP is getting soaked an extra 1200 bucks.

Edit....Errrr, maybe not...My dealer said via email Polaris is charging 960 freight.
True?
Maybe charging OP extra 400 for allowing them to sell him a SS.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts