Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm such a knucklehead! As I pulled into a parking spot I noticed those cement wheel stoppers and told myself I should stop right about...CRACK...now!
Motha#@*% you Fricking KUCKLEHEAD! (to myself)

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

this is why I'm going to back in whenever possible!

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
I'm such a knucklehead! As I pulled into a parking spot I noticed those cement wheel stoppers and told myself I should stop right about...CRACK...now!

View attachment 2724

View attachment 2725

ahhhhh dang.. that sucks. first knick is always the worst ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Those wheel stoppers are very common here in Albq. My scheme to help me out is to install a 2nd camera for parking. That way I'll have a fore and aft view as needed. Your pictures of the first nick brought tears to my eyes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I bought my wife a Corvette and that was my biggest fear of her running into one of these things. They make a sensor that sticks under the front that is adjustable for distance, with a wire to 12v and a speaker in the car, as you approach one on this things, it goes off with a series of loud beeps. It's called Curb Alert, pretty simple install and I just found on the first search it was $159.00. Maybe cheaper on Amazon or E-bay but it works well.
Tom

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The Slingshot is wide but not long. You can park a foot or more from the stop and still be in the space.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

View attachment 2724

View attachment 2725

call the paramedics! for the SS, not 1poser, sorry 1poser, your not needed,;) It can be rebuilt, better, stronger, and faster
it was on tv, so it must be real!

·
Registered
102 Posts

View attachment 2724

View attachment 2725

poser, don't feel too bad. I did the same @#$&* thing last Sunday when the wife and I stopped to eat. Sure is a pisser.

·
Registered
418 Posts
no driveway or speed bump problems. i've pulled up further than what was nessary but no crunch. the back up camera even though small screen , give great visability. pulling fwd in the garage give urself plenty of room.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts