1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
jdskycaster - You win!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Just ate a 30 min lunch and had about 10 people take pics and videos. :snaphappy:

Pretty fun to see people's expressions! :D

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
why would 10 people want to take pictures and videos of your lunch? What did you eat that was so interesting?
Because I was sitting in my Titan SS! ;)

Two can play this game. :p ha

·
Registered
127 Posts
What I think is funny is people pull up and ask permission to take a picture, at least they are polite. This thing really makes you feel like your driving a 100k vehicle. People start talking and asking the basic WHAT IS THAT THING questions and then eventually get around to asking about the price. The average amount people say they figured was 60-80k lol. I messed with a couple of guys last night that asked how much and I casually said 300 grand and they were just like wow man I figured it was something like that lol, I ended up telling them how much and where to go order one. I have driven some rare expensive cars and nothing comes even close to the attention that the SS gets. I cant wait till this summer when the car shows start up and I park this thing next to the Lambos and other exotics, I bet the SS gets more attention.

·
Registered
266 Posts
...and then eventually get around to asking about the price. The average amount people say they figured was 60-80k lol.
Interesting... most of the people I've talked to are surprised it's "so expensive". I was killing time at the dealership the other day, and everyone coming in naturally stopped to look it over. They asked how much and the reaction was pretty universally "holy crap -- that much?!?!" Maybe I'm in a poverty belt and didn't know it... might explain why the dealer hasn't sold one yet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My wife calls it the "SDF" - Slingshot Delay Factor
Whenever I go somewhere she adds on 40 min on to my return ETA, due to talking and explaining to folks

Reactions: Rich

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My wife calls it the "SDF" - Slingshot Delay Factor
Whenever I go somewhere she adds on 40 min on to my return ETA, due to talking and explaining to folks
So true....40 minutes is not bad either...it has been much longer for me at times.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Still waiting on my Base to come in, but I finally got to test drive the Demo SL at the dealership today! 55 degrees and clear Carolina blue skies! I went for about an hour drive out in the country, and came back on the highway. In town, people walking down the street were turning around and walking backwards as I drove by. There were lots of rubber-neckers in cars, and I noticed several folks waiting at intersections just to get a look. As I got out in the country, there were a lot of bikes out today. I got a lot of thumbs ups from the MC riders, and even a few waves. Once I got on the highway, on the way back, that's where it was a little troublesome. Drivers tend to drift into your lane, as they are pacing you with cameras etc. Every stop light, another driver's window came down with questions about what it was. It was cool to see people excited about it, but I was enjoying the thrill of finally driving one. I can't wait for mine to come in!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Agreed. My ride home from the dealer was about 70 miles on the highway. Lots of drifting!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Its unlike anything else the reactions you get.
At a light there was a new viper 3 cars ahead but all attention was on the SL.
People yelling, pulling up next to you in the wrong lane, picture taking, waving, beeping, thumbs up...pretty crazy.
Dont know whats going to happen when I need the first tank of gas :jawdrop:.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
It is fun. And yes the amount of questions and pic taking is crazy. I have decided I am going to put a tip bucket when i park it. $1 per pic and $10 for a ride! I may have it paid for by spring! lol
I seriously was thinking about this as well!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts