Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
It would seem that the only way to guarantee no fumes is to keep the cat. I've been playing with the idea of asking a speed shop to try and shoehorn high-flow cat(s) into my Hahn exhaust, but there aint much room. The Welter Performance exhaust requires mods to fit a Hahn turbo setup and I figure I might need more than one cat to handle the main exhaust and the wastegate, both of which feed into the same muffler on the Hahn setup.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My opinion, and it's just that, an opinion, is that the only difference between a cat and non-cat on a Sling is whether you smell catalyzed exhaust or uncatalyzed exhaust. If you're more sensitive to one, do the other. The mods to attempt to keep the fumes out of the cockpit will work on both. If you don't like either, I'd suggest a car with the windows rolled up. It's an open cockpit. And if you're in town you'll smell everyone's exhaust around you. Nothin' you can do about that!

·
Registered
223 Posts
That is exactly why I am trying to see if my setup will be ok...because even though I have the tall shield and a top, I also have everything that most add after they get fumes lol.
Weather sucks here in PA so if i do gut it and get the tune, it can be months before i get to drive it.
I simply had a pipe made at a custom exhaust shop that brought the exhaust out the back on the passenger side. Cut down the noise and no fumes!

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I simply had a pipe made at a custom exhaust shop that brought the exhaust out the back on the passenger side. Cut down the noise and no fumes!
My Hahn turbo setup uses a Magnaflow muffler and has two exits similar to the stock muffler. I've wondered if it might be possible to redirect the exhaust or reroute it to the rear w/o needing to re-engineer the exhaust and muffler setup.
Did you have the pipe run under the frame, out the side along the cockpit or thru the trans mission tunnel? Did you connect the pipe to the stock muffler? Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
223 Posts
The exhaust connects to the stock muffler, runs about an inch under the body on the passenger side and comes out with a slight side bend and a slash cut.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Thanks. I think I might have already seen at least one of the pics, but I hadn't realized it was connected to the original muffler.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts