Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I put my deposit down within 48 hours of your release on July 27.

I am very frustrated with the lack of info coming form Polaris.

I can handle the truth...what ever the delivery date is going to be.

I am not going to cancel my deposit. I want one of these whenever they come out.

Give us (your customers, your dealers, your fan base) a realistic idea on when delivery will start to happen.

I am starting to get wore out and a little pissed off at your lack of caring about when we can expect deliveries to start happening.

Come on guys, if there are production issues...that's ok, we will wait till you get those worked out. We are ok with that, But let us know...

It's not fair to those of us that have put deposits down, to not have a realistic idea of when to expect delivery.

Come on guys we deserve a little better than this

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm with you. I ordered my K1600 (from BMW of Fort Worth) about 5-6 months after the initial pre-order bikes had been delivered, so they had been in production for a while. Every couple of weeks, I would stop by to see if I had been assigned a build date. About 7 weeks after I ordered my bikes, the dealer, to their surprise, apparently, started getting bikes delivered that weren't ordered by anyone. But my bike order was still stuck in the ordering queue, with no build date. About 10 weeks after I had placed my order, the dealer had several K1600s on the floor, including a couple exactly like I had ordered, except for the seat. Still no build date for me, and the sales guy was as frustrated as I was. At this point, the manager decided he would order the seat I wanted, since they were now available, and swap it out on one of the units on the showroom floor. A couple days later, I rode off on my new K1600, even though my order was never fulfilled by the factory. What really ticked me off was when I learned that the bike I bought was built after I had placed my order. I never could figure out why they wouldn't fulfill an order first for a bike with a deposit paid, before building "inventory" bikes. You're right - a little news would go a long way to easing the anxiety.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Someone posted in a different thread about having seen a warehouse full of Slingshots, but that he was forbidden from posting a picture! What the heck? At least a warehouse picture would let me dream/pretend that delivery was getting closer! Any info, good or bad, is better than no info.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think it's unreasonable to expect more from Polaris.

You can be sure they're busting butt to make their schedule, which has been October delivery since it was announced, and if you've ever been involved in a project of any complexity you'd know how hard it is to predict production issues.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I think it's unreasonable to expect more from Polaris.

You can be sure they're busting butt to make their schedule, which has been October delivery since it was announced, and if you've ever been involved in a project of any complexity you'd know how hard it is to predict production issues.
I agree. If October passes without deliveries, that's the time to start bitching. And I'll start first :)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I kind of feel you guys who are waiting. I'm waiting too because I am on the other end of orders to fulfill, but those who put down money, I agree, should be clued into the delivery process somehow, or maybe get put into a registry at Polaris HQ to receive a letter thanking the first round of depositors for diving right in and investing in their new product.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Guys,

I am not going to cancel my deposit. I want one of these whenever they come out.

Give us (your customers, your dealers, your fan base) a realistic idea on when delivery will start to happen.

I am starting to get wore out and a little pissed off at your lack of caring about when we can expect deliveries to start happening.

Come on guys, if there are production issues...that's ok, we will wait till you get those worked out. We are ok with that, But let us know...

It's not fair to those of us that have put deposits down, to not have a realistic idea of when to expect delivery.

Seriously??? The time line was set at launch / nothing has changed.. Until October comes and goes nobody has any LEGS to their own impatience issues... Your getting "wore out" from waiting as long as they told you that you'd be waiting??? Seriously???

·
Registered
89 Posts
$2000 over MSRP doesn't get you any more info than you got at the beginning .. You should have ended your post and your numerous emails to Polaris ,, no doubt with : " Don't you know who I am " Open letter to Polaris / I'm gettin a little tired of you sayin you're gonna deliver these things when you said you were gonna deliver them!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Guys,

Hey, you forgot to sign it........
"J.R. Ewing."

·
Registered
89 Posts
I kind of feel you guys who are waiting. I'm waiting too because I am on the other end of orders to fulfill, but those who put down money, I agree, should be clued into the delivery process somehow, or maybe get put into a registry at Polaris HQ to receive a letter thanking the first round of depositors for diving right in and investing in their new product.
Nobody held a gun to anyone's head for a deposit ... We've had the timeline from the beginning / whining is futile n silly..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It's Third gear Mike P. get it right. I guess the P. stands for Piss and Moan. That's all you do on here is Piss and Moan about Stealers trying to take advantage of everyone. You must be a really fun guy to be around.

As I stated above, I am ok with the wait. I am frustrated with the lack of info from Polaris on delivery. I'm in a services business, and communications with our customers is one of the key reasons for our success.

I hope you have a great day mike P.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Actually the delivery schedule appears to be mid to late Oct and was that when they first announced the Slingshot!

Changed my order to a different dealer because of price but both had the same delivery estimate. Everything else I have seen appears to be rumor or unofficial talk and individual's BS!

I for one want some quality and a professional roll-out of these things, because the owners will be living with them for a while. There is more to it than just delivering the units. Polaris has to spin up production, training for dealers and technicians, and deliver accessories, arrange financing and a lot of logistics to turn on a new model!

Polaris has done this with some other models of new equipment before, but never anything this big, so give them a break and let them do their thing! I will be patiently waiting!

Excited, but patiently waiting! ........ Actually VERY EXCITED !

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have to agree. When October comes and goes then its time to complain. The lack of info is no different than from any other major manufacturer of power sports. When I order new sleds in the spring for fall delivery there is no weekly or even monthly updates on delivery dates. Each and every time I have ordered one the response is the same - they will be delivered in October or November. The last one came the middle of December. Not too happy about it but also nothing I could do but wait for it or cancel my order and buy something else.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
This thread is as unbelievable as his Road Glide that would do wheelies in fourth gear!!!!
That was a good one. :):)

I however had a Honda VTX 1800 that could in second but not in 4th. Come to think of it, I couldn't pull the front tire with my supercharged Rocket 3 after i shifted into 3rd. And it had 230hp at the tire

OK.. thread hijack over. Just made me laugh also ...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts