Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying an item that's made in the USA goes along way. For example if you buy one of our oil caps you are contributing to about 4050+ American jobs! The number seems big but when we source out things we don't or can't make we choose local American companies and some of them employ allot of people. Most of that number is from our packaging materials and our printers that we use.

·
Registered
541 Posts
This is the attitude corporate America should uphold.
Un-employment would be 1.10%
Federal and State tax rates are lowered.
Federal debt hits Zero.
State debt hits Zero.
Middle class standard of living increases 25%
Poverty in America falls to 0.5%
People voting increases to 90%
People finally vote in worthwhile
Individuals that really care about and know the true meaning of the saying WE THE PEOPLE.
Constitution of these United States of America is not always under attack.
Michael Bloomberg is charged
with Treason.
All Americans treat each other with respect. (As in Family)

OK I'm awake.
It was a nice Dream while it lasted.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I remember reading an interview with an executive from Siemens in Germany. He felt it was an important civic duty to provide good paying jobs for local German workers, who, in turn, would be purchasing products made in Germany. Henry Ford did the same thing when he started paying $5/day so Ford employees could afford to purchase Ford vehicles. The average American businessman today feels his allegiance is to his stockholders and the best way to make them money is ship jobs overseas to the lowest cost producer. Eventually, we forget how/lose the capability to manufacture products here. Of course, it won't matter as there won't be any wage earners to purchase anything anyway.

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Some feel good news.... We are giving so much work to one of our small local sub contractors that he is now able to quit his other job and work for us full time, get paid more and get more time to be with his family!
That's great to hear. Makes me want to stop putting off buying that oil cap now.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's great to hear. Makes me want to stop putting off buying that oil cap now.
lol It's not just the oil cap its everything we make. Our parts cost more because we are using local help/suppliers and I don't beat them up on pricing because I know they have a family to feed as well.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Some feel good news.... We are giving so much work to one of our small local sub contractors that he is now able to quit his other job and work for us full time, get paid more and get more time to be with his family!
That is good news - - I like to hear & read Good-News ........
"Good-Help-Is Hard-To-Find"

GOOD-HELP1.jpg
GOOD-HELP2.jpg
GOOD-HELP3.jpg
GOOD-HELP4.jpg
tom/carol-books

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't mean to stir up trouble, But, how many of you drive foreign cars? I try to buy stuff made in the USA. I do not own a foreign labled vehicle. But I see a lot of them around. Then people complain about good paying jobs disappearing. I feel sorry for the next generation of kids.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't mean to stir up trouble, But, how many of you drive foreign cars? I try to buy stuff made in the USA. I do not own a foreign labled vehicle. But I see a lot of them around. Then people complain about good paying jobs disappearing. I feel sorry for the next generation of kids.

I do! Their are many foreign cars and products that I like as well as American ones. I'm not some crazy backwoods narrow minded crazy that ONLY buys American. But when it comes to my business's if I can do business locally and in the states I will.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am neither crazy nor backwoods nor narrow minded. Never owned a foreign car., and never will. My money, my choice. No regrets, and no plan to change.

Not sure what to think of your post, other than that I am now puzzled by the flag in your avatar. And less likely to purchase your stuff.

Sent from my brain using an iPad

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am neither crazy nor backwoods nor narrow minded. Never owned a foreign car., and never will. My money, my choice. No regrets, and no plan to change.

Not sure what to think of your post, other than that I am now puzzled by the flag in your avatar. And less likely to purchase your stuff.

Why is the flag puzzling? All of our products are designed and made here. All I said is that i'll buy foreign cars. It's much easier to buy a foreign brand here in the US that actually made here than a big three vehicle.

The ipad you posted with is made in China:)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
The Toyota Camry is made in Georgetown KY, I guess it's an American made foreign car. My F-250 was made in Canada, is that a foreign made American vehicle? The lines aren't as clear as they used to be, Honda's made in Ohio, Harley's with foreign parts. Just not the same as it used to be. I think Turbo should stamp that Flag on every part he makes because it's made HERE!! my .02 cent worth

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Not to be another one bringing down what should be a very positive thread but I have to respond to this one. Major misconception that the brand label on a vehicle has anything to do with its level of patriotism. The Ford F series is the largest volume selling vehicle in the USA yet has the lowest percentage of US sourced parts making it the least American full size pickup on our roads. In fact the Toyota Tundra has more than twice the percentage of US sourced parts of an F series and is assembled in Texas.

In fact the who's who of the most patriotic autos, based on the number of American made parts, is a laundry list of foreign automakers across models and types.

Not the reason for this thread so I will end by saying - keep up the good work Henry. America needs more business with your attitude! :)

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Not to be another one bringing down what should be a very positive thread but I have to respond to this one. Major misconception that the brand label on a vehicle has anything to do with its level of patriotism. The Ford F series is the largest volume selling vehicle in the USA yet has the lowest percentage of US sourced parts making it the least American full size pickup on our roads. In fact the Toyota Tundra has more than twice the percentage of US sourced parts of an F series and is assembled in Texas.

In fact the who's who of the most patriotic autos, based on the number of American made parts, is a laundry list of foreign automakers across models and types.

Not the reason for this thread so I will end by saying - keep up the good work Henry. America needs more business with your attitude! :)
Oh crap, so who makes my f150? Should I put a Mexico sticker on it? Lmao

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm not some crazy backwoods narrow minded crazy that ONLY buys American. .
I make best effort to buy American, and not sure why that would be controversial. Not sure why someone who peddles their stuff with an American flag, would ridicule those who patronize American brands

My money, my choice. Thank you for helping me choose aftermarket SS products.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The world is getting smaller, time to update thinking. I tend to source locally not because of patriotic obligations, but because I like the idea of a community and life can be better when you know/meet who you are working with.

I have posed the same question for the last decade to the troops I work with: if everyone in the world surrenders to the American way of life TODAY, and asks what to do next, what then?

Food for thought.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I don't remember the exact story, but I seem to remember reading about a construction company wanting to buy some heavy duty earth-moving equipment. They chose an American brand only to learn later that the so-called foreign brand was assembled in America using mostly American-sourced parts, but the American brand they chose sold imported equipment.

Fortunately, everything seems to go in a circle. Many American companies who had moved production overseas are moving production back to the US as their costs overseas increase. Unfortunately, too much attention is still paid to the near-term return to investors w/o regard to the long-term impact of corporate decisions.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I don't remember the exact story, but I seem to remember reading about a construction company wanting to buy some heavy duty earth-moving equipment. They chose an American brand only to learn later that the so-called foreign brand was assembled in America using mostly American-sourced parts, but the American brand they chose sold imported equipment.

Fortunately, everything seems to go in a circle. Many American companies who had moved production overseas are moving production back to the US as their costs overseas increase. Unfortunately, too much attention is still paid to the near-term return to investors w/o regard to the long-term impact of corporate decisions.
That makes me recall the time I went to Italy on vacation and had a pizza for dinner one night. It was one of the worst ones I ever had, When I returned home, i went to my favorite Italian restaurant and told the owner that his pizza was better than the one I had in Italy. He said he wasn't surprised. He told me that he imports his cheese from Italy. But over there, they use domestic cheese!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
My Wife and I went on our first ever cruise in 2013 and it started out of Rome's Port, Civitavecchia. Had a great time on the cruise visiting several Mediterranean ports and countries. One thing we learned in Italy is Italians don't know how to cook pasta! :D We like ours cooked so it's soft, but the Italians prefer their pasta a little firmer. We still enjoyed it, it was just firmer than we like!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts