Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the addition of a healthy rear hugger to foil any wheel spray, I'm thinking it would be nice to have a tail tidy so we can remove that doofy looking rear fender. Thoughts?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Correct. I find that, like most rear motorcycle fenders, it looks out of place. Provided I get a good, large rear hugger, I fee that a tail tidy would be nice to clean the area up.
Depending on how that rear hugger is I'm hopping to attach the plate to it, if not it will be mounted like on most bikes, under tail lol

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I think he referring to the plate mount, i plan on removing it 1st day i get it
This will be my strategy also. Below are a couple of pictures of this plate mount area and my idea of cleaning up the back section.

Yamaha R1 LED plate mounts look like they will fit very nicely. Se below...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Fender-Eliminator-LED-Light-For-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-Yamaha-YZF-R1/131330730113?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=27538&meid=286c8221b9f949649123a76760b01cef&pid=100005&prg=11353&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=301369089671&rt=nc

Quick and easy fix for $25 and you lose all the non-sense and keep the LED light option.

·
Registered
639 Posts
First thing I'll be doing is a tail tidy. It was "mostly" done on the ZX6r I bought recently but I dressed it up and added a tag light.

From when I got it to when it was done. Looks much better than the stock tail wagger.

Lotsa miles on it, pretty beat up:

I decided to use heavier gauge aluminum:

All painted and lit up:

Tail tidies make everything look better.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Why couldn't a rear hugger be integrated into the belt guard cover?
That's a bunch of work to add all those extra angles to incorporate the belt guard! Excellent idea though.
I was contemplating the same thing just worried about the amount of time to produce at a reasonable rate.
I'm working on a "clean" plate re-locator kit above the chain guard as well as a smaller version of the the fender that I've got in the works now. I was thinking some kind of spike or tail that blocks off the hole where the plate was originally mounted;) In black ABS to match the rear end? Billet might look out of place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts