Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Slippery. I am a 60+ year old retired millwright from Green Bay Wisconsin. We got our '16 SL LE in August '15 From the best dealer in the Midwest that I could find. Straight up MSRP and NO setup charge $500 or $1000 delivery charge. Just straight up msrp. Only dealer in the Midwest that I could find that didn't charge set up and delivery. Anyone looking to buy should contact this dealership and save $1500. Dealership name: Frontier Motor Sports in Fergus Falls Mn. Other than this helpful news I bin riding Harley's for 50 years. Thought I better stay ahead of the game and maybe get a trike before I fall over at a stop sign. Then all of a sudden , bang, this Polaris bunch comes out with this trike they call a slingshot. I first saw it at Sturgis '15 and bought it in Mn on my way home. I presently own 5 Harley's 2 snowmobiles and a '05 Chev SSR. This slingshot is about the most fun I have ever had, and I have had a lot of it. This is a great forum and I hope to meet you folks in my travels. Thanks, Slippery

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome aboard @slippery. Congrats on the purchase. Here at this forum you will find anything, everything, things funny, sad, and a great community that will advise, console, and make fun of all things slingshot. The vendors here have the best aftermarket stuff out there by far. I have had nothing but great service. If you have an issue, throw it out there and chances are a member here has the answer and the fix. I know you will enjoy your new ride as all of us here do. :):):);)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Very good to see you got a great deal. Welcome to the this happy and fun family of Slinger. And if your into modifications you can use the money you saved at the dealership for a few nice upgrades. Welcome!!

·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,542 Posts
Welcome to the fun - your profile summary could be the same as loads of folks here on the forum - you will fit in nicely with all of us

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the group. I'm not nearly as active as many, but always get a ton of useful info here (and maybe a deal or two from @SlingMods )

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Welcome to the club.
The wife and I were laughing at your comment about falling over at a stop sign. We can relate to that. It's one of the reasons from going from an Ultra to the Sling for us. The Golden years my A$$! :arghh::facepalm:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hello, my name is Slippery. I am a 60+ year old retired millwright from Green Bay Wisconsin. We got our '16 SL LE in August '15 From the best dealer in the Midwest that I could find. Straight up MSRP and NO setup charge $500 or $1000 delivery charge. Just straight up msrp. Only dealer in the Midwest that I could find that didn't charge set up and delivery. Anyone looking to buy should contact this dealership and save $1500. Dealership name: Frontier Motor Sports in Fergus Falls Mn. Other than this helpful news I bin riding Harley's for 50 years. Thought I better stay ahead of the game and maybe get a trike before I fall over at a stop sign. Then all of a sudden , bang, this Polaris bunch comes out with this trike they call a slingshot. I first saw it at Sturgis '15 and bought it in Mn on my way home. I presently own 5 Harley's 2 snowmobiles and a '05 Chev SSR. This slingshot is about the most fun I have ever had, and I have had a lot of it. This is a great forum and I hope to meet you folks in my travels. Thanks, Slippery
Welcome I wouldn't be surprised that a large number of people here are +60 Have fun

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome @slippery, I think we're mostly old farts around here! The people on this forum know more about the SS than Polaris themselves. The great thing is everyone goes out of their way to help you out and share that knowledge.

·
WE ARE SLINGERS...
618 Posts
Glad you found your way to this forum. These are a great bunch of people and just a couple of OLD grouches. You will see more mods than you can possibly get to so choose carefully. :)

Hopefully we will meet you at one of the rallys.

Spud

·
out of POSER Status-Almost in the BIG BOY clique'
1,479 Posts
Welcome Slippery When Wet!:D Sounds like you have a nice fleet of Toys. I was real close to buying a SSR when they came out. I still like them!! Enjoy the Sling & Welcome to the Nut house;):D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts