Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in the garage working on my Slingshot since 2am. I added my mirror and I was happy. But I can't leave well enough alone.

So I have a set of Rigid Industries Flood lights. They are LED and so bright that you would have to use them at night when you were carving roads with no oncoming traffic. Or have them work on high beam. ANYWAY

I removed the cover and started fabricating a bracket to hold one side.
I can't help but think it looks weird. And there is a side of me that is saying it looks like another set of square eyes. I just don't know. I hate to throw away a set of 300 lights that are so good.

Y'all are not going to hurt my feelings. Tell me if I need to finish the job or stop and put the cover back over it.

Reactions: Nix

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
I would like it if they were both square or round...it isn't horrible as is...hope that helps...or if it was RED!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have been in the garage working on my Slingshot since 2am. I added my mirror and I was happy. But I can't leave well enough alone.

So I have a set of Rigid Industries Flood lights. They are LED and so bright that you would have to use them at night when you were carving roads with no oncoming traffic. Or have them work on high beam. ANYWAY

I can't help but think it looks weird. And there is a side of me that is saying it looks like another set of square eyes. I just don't know. I hate to throw away a set of 300 lights that are so good.

Y'all are not going to hurt my feelings. Tell me if I need to finish the job or stop and put the cover back over it.

I have these lights on my rzr. They are badass. However i think they hurt the beauty of the front of the ss.
What about fitting them up into the rollhoops?

It would give amazing lighting for dark roads.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Donkeys have a square iris so it isn't unheard of .They will not help if there is any kind of fog @ all .

·
Registered
434 Posts
Looks like you tried to fit a square peg in a round hole.
I personally would not do it unless you can come up with a round lens to cover it with to make them blend in.
But it is your SS, you have to make it yours, not mine, LOL

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've got the 12" ones. Planning on mounting on the roll hoops above my head. Mercedes calls this set up an "optical horn," which is how I plan on using them during the day.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. OK. I get it. I'm going to go get some round ones.
If I can get the tears out of my eyes so I can drive.

Just kidding. I knew it was strange. I just wanted to make sure. I value everyones opinions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got the 12" ones. Planning on mounting on the roll hoops above my head. Mercedes calls this set up an "optical horn," which is how I plan on using them during the day.
Can you take a pic of them? Was planning the same, just need to find the right ones.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

Just kidding. I knew it was strange. I just wanted to make sure. I value everyones opinions.
Hook them up to the rear camera .

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think they are fine. I labored over the color of my office building for a week. Gutter guy comes over and had 3 colors of gutter. Tan was fine. lol
We belabor things too much sometimes. Only a slingshot snob like us on the forum would ever notice! If it makes you see better, go for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts

How about you put the two round ones in the middle on the outside like the Canadian model, and put your square ones in the middle. I think they would not look off at all in the mid.

Edit: Although, I guess you'd have to be able to dim them down; I believe the center lights have to be on by law in the states.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts

I'd rather not have them on mine, but it doesn't look horrible and if it works, who really cares? Any complaints from others can be sidestepped saying it came with the trike.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I think you should find a smoked cover just for those square ones, in a round lens shape.

Reactions: CAP~ROB

·
Registered
38 Posts
The conflict with the round lights. Perhaps adding the factory lights for the Candian model? I thought 4 outboard headlamps looked bad ass on the Canadian model.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts