Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off just wanted to say that I went in today to buy the oil change stuff and saw that my dealer had gotten their second SS in (SL). I started to inspect the molding lines and some other things that I have noticed not perfect on my SS. The one I looked at today was close to perfect in the paint/molding aspects. There were no mold lines on the areas that mine has them. I don't really care on mine because its so minor that it goes unnoticed even with my OCD. Anyway just wanted to report this and see if anyone else notices this, maybe they are getting their process down.

Also for anyone interested I put my SS on the lift today and had to find my own lift points as the lift arms did not reach the recommended ones. I just found what looked to be strong points and everything worked just fine. I spend about 3 hours under it today going through everything! Some things I noticed was that the A-arm bolts that hold the mounts to the body were not loose but did take about a quarter turn when forced. The others were locked tight and I couldn't budge them with the exception of a couple of them. I also was able to snug up almost all of the transmission to engine bolts, again not loose but they took about a quarter turn. Did my oil change and just enjoyed marveling at the way the chassis is built and the drive-train is all mounted. Anyway first oil change done and the next one is going to be here in no time as I seem to average about 120 miles per ride lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Filter was $11.04 and for 5 quarts of the SS-4 oil it cost $49.95 for a total of $66.30 with tax (8%) Not to bad for full synthetic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Long arms - reached under with no jack - removed plug slide oil drain pan under - AMSOIL in starting 2nd week with Slingshot - loved the first week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts