Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Im so not even close to being a gear head, I don't even know what all that is, haha. If anyone would care to educate me on that set up, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just trying to learn things that I don't have a clue about, thx
It's pretty straightforward Jac - the gold cylinder you see with an SS line going to the shock is an external gas reservoir for the shock. A step up from stock no doubt.

·
Vendor
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@[email protected] any updates almost 2 weeks. Looking to change my Bilstiens to something more adjustable and have Ohlins on my Harley and are happy with them. It's these or Jri.
We are happy with the Ohlins right now, we have been getting some more miles put on them and also going through all the adjustment setting to come up with good presets for customers when we ship these out. Since these are adjustable for compression and rebound individually we want to have a really good idea of how their adjustment range is working and be able to support customers when they call before shipping any sets. I am also going to go back up to Ohlins next week and get some more feedback from them. We did get shock dyno's on the stock shocks, JRI adjustable's, QA1's and the Ohlins finished up for comparison data and will post that up also once we get the final valving done on the Ohlins. As for a time frame for release, right now I would say we are about 4 weeks out since we are going to make some custom brackets for the remote reservoirs and other mounting hardware.

Once we get done up at Ohlins next week, we will have a pretty firm release date and final pricing that we will release by the end of next week.

Dave

·
Registered
227 Posts
Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
71 Posts
Any more info???

I'm a huge Ohlins fan!! When I was still racing street bikes, I swapped out a set of aftermarket forks and shock for an Ohlins set dropped nearly 2 seconds off my lap times on a 3 mile coarse.

For a full of set of Ohlins on my bike, it was about $3,600. I wouldn't be surprised if the price tag for the slingshot came in around $4,500-$5,000. Ohlins it's great stuff, but comes with a price tag to match

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are people really making damper purchase decisions based on aesthetics??? I don't care if they're pink with lime-green polka dots; I'd bolt Ohlins dampers on anything I wanted to go fast in. Absolutely amazing products.

·
Super Moderator
2,912 Posts
Are people really making damper purchase decisions based on aesthetics??? I don't care if they're pink with lime-green polka dots; I'd bolt Ohlins dampers on anything I wanted to go fast in. Absolutely amazing products.
Yeah, @WI_Squirrel loves her Alpha/JRI coilovers because they're red. Go figure.

d3b77abbbb35e26e8ba9268fd010e592[1].jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts