Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2,333 Posts
He put gas struts on the hood...nice work but without a safety catch on the hood latch I will pass.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He put gas struts on the hood...nice work but without a safety catch on the hood latch I will pass.
You may pass :meh:

Just keep in mind no saify latch is needed unless you plan on a hi speed reverse maneuver witch I really doubt.

Let's see if you can get a 5'2 -- 95lb young lady too lift the hood on your SS yea right , I'm 6.1--- 235lb and I need help on this thing. So don't hate bro.:bored:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I love it. PM me that part number since everyone else is worried. Ill bolt them on tomorrow. Good work. Us BAMA boys like to modify our toys.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Also PM me some clearer pics. I can't see where you bolted them on exactly.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The gas struts are great and are a common upgrade on the Triumph Spitfires. The big bonus other than making the job easier is that it reduces stress on the sub-frame.
Not sure how the SS is supported underneath but lifting from one side over time could produce stress to the structure. Do agree a quality latch might be needed but if poisoned correctly the struts should not be pushing upward when closed.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Very interested to know what struts you used. Great idea!

Reactions: Nix

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will have all the details on the installation tomorrow on Cap~Rob's fab shop. Thanks Rabtech! Bama rules!
And no the shock actually passes the balance point forcing the hood closed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts