Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After a long and winding road, Slingshots are starting to hit the streets, and the owners are starting to hit their strides with the new vehicles. On our end, we have been sharing all of your comments and questions with Polaris hoping that we can start to get news and announcements directly from the Slingshot team... And we have finally hit pay dirt, of course it is all up to you guys to keep this avenue of communication alive with your views, comments, and questions.

The more valuable information that you all can post, the more information we hope to get from the Slingshot team. The document above is our first bit of official communication from Polaris.

Polaris Industries said:
Initial stocking orders for dealers did begin shipping on November 12, and are arriving at dealerships as we speak! Our plan has been to deliver two vehicles to every Slingshot dealer within the U.S. and Canada by November 26. Given the current weather conditions and the upcoming U.S. holiday, we now know that some dealers will receive their initial shipment during the first week of December. From there, we will immediately begin filling additional retail sales. Based upon the initial deposit information provided by our dealers, we believe the majority of pre-sold orders will be delivered by the end of the December. From everyone at Polaris, thank you for your patience as we work to complete delivery of these initial Slingshot shipments.
And our very own SlingMods gets a shout out right here:
Polaris Industries said:
we did want to congratulate SlingMods on being (one of) the first people to take possession of a Slingshot! And thanks for taking the time to post your review, it is very helpful to us...
Polaris is a great company because they actually listen to what the end users have to say about their products in the real world and make improvements that the enthusiasts want to see. They don't rely on the bean counters to lead the product development. I can tell you first hand... They are all enthusiasts themselves first!
Official PDF here: Polaris Slingshot Forum Newsletter

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
This is definitely a positive move for Polaris! This forum is full of support for this new and exciting machine. Yes, there have been gripes and a lot of waiting but could they expect anything different from such a passionate group?

My excitement was starting to wane just a bit because of the feeling of just being left out in the cold after putting a deposit down in July on the SS which I've never seen nor touched but still decided to buy because of the reputation Polaris has in the marketplace.

Yes, I am also concerned with the legality issues in the four states (mine included) as well as the delays in shipping which was explained in the Polaris article concerning the camber. Now that they are hitting the road I am even more anxious to receive my #1 spot and look forward to my dealer receiving his first shipment in southern Illinois.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's nice to see communication. I do hope that the presold orders are filled as they promise. It would be a big help if the dealers had more notice of delivery. We have seen many people get a "surprise" call and can;'t pick it up for various reasons. The fact that one has to get insurance etc ; more advance notice to the dealer of the delivery which would allow the dealer to contact the customer in a timely matter would be a great help.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well slap me and call me Suzy ! Ok so do I actually get excited again as I have Many Many times before just to get my nuts stepped on, or do I take to heart what seems to be a legit delivery window ...? Do I ... Don't I I'm an emotional wreck.
Guess ill head Back to the bank tomorrow to renew the draft that expired Sunday just in case.
Everyone cross yer fingers !!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Some goofball named Noah Katz said:
"POLARIS INDUSTRIES SAID:"

Where on the forum are these posts from Polaris?

You can modify a quote box to say anything.

Reactions: Stan

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Thank you NickJ for the post.

Thank you Polaris, not only for acknowledging and thanking the forum members but also taking the time to read our thoughts and input.
I cannot thank you enough for introducing the new Slingshot into the market place!
It's bold, it's exciting and it's an absolute blast!

CT,:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts