Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Biketoberfest begins on 16-Oct-2014. I received an email from the local dealership about a month ago and they said they "hoped" to have one during Biketoberfest. It makes good business sense for Polaris to have one here. Yeah, it's not as big as Daytona Bike Week but there will be enough potential buyers to warrant at least one to be on display. *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Biketoberfest begins on 16-Oct-2014. I received an email from the local dealership about a month ago and they said they "hoped" to have one during Biketoberfest. It makes good business sense for Polaris to have one here. Yeah, it's not as big as Daytona Bike Week but there will be enough potential buyers to warrant at least one to be on display. *fingers crossed*
They were in Sturgis this year. Don't know why they wouldn't be in a warm all the time state...........

·
Registered
210 Posts
They had the SL at Coastal Victory & Indian Murrells Inlet SC last weekend for bike week. I got to check it out up close and was even taken for a ride in it. AMAZING !!!!!
Can anyone confirm an appearance?
Just back from the dealer in Murrell's Inlet, SC. He has an SL on display for this week and then he is taking it to Daytona Bike Week.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What did you think about the ingress and egress?
I was really pleased. This was the first time I ever saw one so I had a lot of concerns. I am 6'1" and both knees have blown out in the past, so they are weak. I was able to get in and out with little to no effort. Really happy. I am getting a Base model and now seen that there is no need for a back up camera. Better rear view than in a car. Seats are comfortable, plenty of leg room. Quality level was better than I expected. Storage behind the seats was smaller than I was thinking. Was taken for a ride and was all smiles. This will be a blast to ride! Cannot wait. I am number 1 for the Base model. He told me that he has twelve sold with two more customers that are to let him know today.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Spoke with the local dealer today (Volusia Motorsports). They said they WILL have a Slingshot ("base model we think") next Wednesday for Biketoberfest. They did add though that they expect to have Slingshots for test drives and purchase during the beginning of November.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know where to find a schedule for the SS demo locations, other than calling every dealer in FL?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also called Volusia this morning. They will have a red SL.

I called some other dealers to see if I could find the grey one that was in the Tampa area bike show Sunday, but no one said they had one for viewing.

Where did the grey one go??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts