Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is a standard OBD2 port, where is it? Is it somewhere between the passenger seat and the console? If there isn't an OBD2 port, where is the other diagnostic port? I'm curious since any hand held programmer like a Diablo, Hypertech, etc. would need this port. Not to mention, it would be nice to use our automotive OBD2 tools to work on the Slingshot.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
If there is a standard OBD2 port, where is it? Is it somewhere between the passenger seat and the console? If there isn't an OBD2 port, where is the other diagnostic port? I'm curious since any hand held programmer like a Diablo, Hypertech, etc. would need this port. Not to mention, it would be nice to use our automotive OBD2 tools to work on the Slingshot.
It does not have an OBD II connector.

·
Registered
915 Posts
kctay, it has a connector that the dealers can hook up to the digital wrench diagnostic that they have. Last I read, there were vendors here working on a conventional connection adapter

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's hardly a motorcycle even though it is classified as one. Do you two ever truly have anything helpful to add? It's like Laurel and Hardy visit the forums. Anyway, since it has a car motor, I thought perhaps OBD2 connectivity. That would have made things easy. Thanks funinsthesun and luckyone.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
It's hardly a motorcycle even though it is classified as one. Do you two ever truly have anything helpful to add? It's like Laurel and Hardy visit the forums. Anyway, since it has a car motor, I thought perhaps OBD2 connectivity. That would have made things easy. Thanks funinsthesun and luckyone.
I can only speak for myself . Ah no... Im thinking of changing my username to The Airthief . This forum does have an ignore option .

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
My triumph rocket had a obd2 port under the seat

·
Registered
2 Posts
See if this Polaris snowmobile adapter may work for you? POLARIS CODE READER ADAPTER - DIGITAL WRENCH ADAPTER to OBD2 CUSTOM

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I have both the MEFI Scan and I have the ChekTech system also. The CheckTech system is not working perfect yet. But the owner of the system is working on a fix. It is picking up several of the channels such as rpm, coolant temp and power steering voltage draw but its missing things like IAT and throttle position. He is working on it.

The MEFI system pulls all the data. It's just in metric and its confusing to watch the real time display.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have both the MEFI Scan and I have the ChekTech system also. The CheckTech system is not working perfect yet. But the owner of the system is working on a fix. It is picking up several of the channels such as rpm, coolant temp and power steering voltage draw but its missing things like IAT and throttle position. He is working on it.

The MEFI system pulls all the data. It's just in metric and its confusing to watch the real time display.
Google Rinda Technologies, I believe they are in Chicago. They make professional diagnostic tools and software which support all MEFI systems. They are primarily used by the marine industry.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is a diagnostic connector that is in front of the fuse box, a group of wires runs into it and it's labeled "diagnostic.". It's not an OBD standard connector, so unless someone makes a cheater, only the dealer can use it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts