Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the SS be equipped with an OBD terminal? Seeing as it's an automotive drive line I'd expect it. (gotta love those check engine lights.) If so, any ideas where it might be located?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
So, I just mentioned this in another thread today, SS will use a Digital Wrench compatible OBD plug near the steering console.

It will coordinate with a Polaris app that you may use to diagnose your vehicle. Likely there will be a Slingshot app in the future, but the RiderX Victory Rides app will probably provide enough diagnostics and trip info as you may need.

·
Registered
183 Posts
So, I just mentioned this in another thread today, SS will use a Digital Wrench compatible OBD plug near the steering console.

It will coordinate with a Polaris app that you may use to diagnose your vehicle. Likely there will be a Slingshot app in the future, but the RiderX Victory Rides app will probably provide enough diagnostics and trip info as you may need.
This is interesting, since I heard it's pretty much an ECU out of a solstice.
Or maybe it's not? Either way good to know! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
This is interesting, since I heard it's pretty much an ECU out of a solstice.
Or maybe it's not? Either way good to know! Thanks!
You are correct, it is the same ECU. Polaris just decided to go with their OBD. I wonder if by some chance Chevy dealers may start carrying these, or there will be some kind of adaptor kit down the line?

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Yes, I hope that a regular shop can work on it (not just a Polaris dealer). A buddy of mine owns a shop close so I will take it to him early on and get an answer if we don't know for sure before then.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just thinking, but GM has some of the most advanced traction control, ABS systems out there. I would bet that Polaris utilized GM's control integration packages instead of spending the millions it would take to develop their own to keep their cost down. GM's willingness and history of selling their technology to secondary industrial markets may have a lot to do with why we are seeing a GM Ecotech drive train instead of a Ford Ecoboost drive train. (Hmmmm, a new thread)?????

or maybe I have had too much caffeine this morning and running out of new things to talk about

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes, I hope that a regular shop can work on it (not just a Polaris dealer). A buddy of mine owns a shop close so I will take it to him early on and get an answer if we don't know for sure before then.
That's my plan as well. Hopefully local mechanics will want to work on them. I'm sure they will once the realize it's a GM motor.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
That's my plan as well. Hopefully local mechanics will want to work on them. I'm sure they will once the realize it's a GM motor.
And powetrain, and electronics, and everything else. But, if your dealer is good to you, be sure to give them some work every so often.

·
Registered
843 Posts
You willing to go at another place if on warranty?
I will not go anywhere as long as he is warranty by Polaris!!

Perhaps some of you are good mechanics .... this is not my case!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Diagnostic plug is situated just under the steering column at the rear on the right hand side. As Kip has stated it is setup for Polaris' Digital Wrench.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts

Kip - after doing a little research on the Victory app, it seems like this is just a trip planning/execution app. I am looking for a performance based app that provides 0-60, braking, rpm, fueling, etc. Like the obd ones do. Is there anything Polaris has that performs these features?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Kip - after doing a little research on the Victory app, it seems like this is just a trip planning/execution app. I am looking for a performance based app that provides 0-60, braking, rpm, fueling, etc. Like the obd ones do. Is there anything Polaris has that performs these features?
Yes, at the conference this year Polaris said a tool would be coming out that will work with the RiderX line of apps that will give you greater detail about your vehicle via the Digital Wrench port. Same app with upgrades, new tool for additional specs and info.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
And powetrain, and electronics, and everything else. But, if your dealer is good to you, be sure to give them some work every so often.
I agree as well. But there aren't dealers on every corner - the nearest one to me is about 20miles away. If I have to take care of something quickly, it would have been nice to take it to the Chevy dealer 1.5 miles away or to the 14 auto shops within 2 miles of my place.

May come in handy too when doing some road tripping in the middle of nowhere.

Otherwise, my Polaris dealer gets my money.

·
Registered
491 Posts
So does anyone else think this sucks ??
They make so many cool OBD displays ( even HUD ) that would be awesome to mount on your dash and now we can't.
I don't want to modify anything or take anything from a dealer just read the info. -
I might be missing something with digital wrench but - bummer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Being the SS will have a GM engine I am sure the motor will have metric nuts and bolts. Does anyone know if the SS will use metric or SAE on the body and frame? Never owned a Polaris product. What do there ATVs use?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts