Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct 29, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Polaris Industries Inc.PII,+1.97%today announced it will celebrate the Company’s 60-year anniversary with a Closing Bell ceremony from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Chairman and CEO Scott Wine and a number of key Polaris executives and team members will participate in the nationally televised event, which takes place today at 4 p.m. EST on Wall Street in New York City.

Rumor is they will have a SS in front of the exchange.
Being only a few buildings away, I'm going to shoot over there in an hour or so and take a look.

Reactions: Tango

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct 29, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Polaris Industries Inc.PII,+1.97%today announced it will celebrate the Company’s 60-year anniversary with a Closing Bell ceremony from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Chairman and CEO Scott Wine and a number of key Polaris executives and team members will participate in the nationally televised event, which takes place today at 4 p.m. EST on Wall Street in New York City.

Rumor is they will have a SS in front of the exchange.
Being only a few buildings away, I'm going to shoot over there in an hour or so and take a look.
If you see Scott, ask him when they are going to deliver our Slingshots....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 friends that work on the floor of the exchange. They're trying to get me in, but as you can imagine, security is extremely tight since 9/11.

Reactions: Mike Mtl

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I just hope the News crews don't start filming. I want to have mine sitting in my driveway BEFORE I see them on TV, if you know what I mean......

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
That's cool that they are also displaying a nice lineup of all their vehicles on Wall St. as well :cool:

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Surprised not to see a Scout in the lineup. Perhaps they have too many orders for them as well? :)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
A few Shots - SS looks GOOOOOOD!!!
Considering all the hardware out there, the SS id drawing a lot of attention!!
dept88, if your still in the area, try to confirm its a production model and if it is take a look at the back and see if they added a rear fender.

·
Registered
645 Posts
If insurance is too stupid for the SS, or if anything odd happens to orders, I am getting the red and cream Indian Roadmaster. That was actually what I was about to buy before I tried the SS meth.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
dept88, if your still in the area, try to confirm its a production model and if it is take a look at the back and see if they added a rear fender.
From instagram pictures, and the one above, this unit should be a production model.

As Kip stated, the production models have Polaris embedded into the front plastic piece just below the two center lights. I also highly doubt they would take a beat up Marketing Model to this type of grand event that involves big wigs and investors.

I don't see any rear hugger/fender in the pics....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, that's as close as they would let us go. Security wouldn't let us behind the fence. I didn't see a rear fender. My dealer was with me, as we were hoping to see a company rep outside, but didn't,

I'm guessing this is one of the units from the "Rolling Fast" dealership in NJ. They are the closest dealer to the city, have some tight ties with the manufacturer, with actual display units in the showroom.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From instagram pictures, and the one above, this unit should be a production model.

As Kip stated, the production models have Polaris embedded into the front plastic piece just below the two center lights. I also highly doubt they would take a beat up Marketing Model to this type of grand event that involves big wigs and investor.

I don't see any rear hugger/fender in the pics....
This unit also had branded tires that said "Slingshot"

·
Registered
645 Posts
I like the Slingshot tires. I can't get enough of this thing. I tell everyone that when you buy a vehicle, if you don't turn around and look at it every time you walk away, it's not the right vehicle for you. I have a feeling I will be walking backwards a lot!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If insurance is too stupid for the SS, or if anything odd happens to orders, I am getting the red and cream Indian Roadmaster. That was actually what I was about to buy before I tried the SS meth.
Funny u said that. I pulled my deposit on a classic to go the SS route. The SS us a good fit for me and my 7 yr old. He's been busting my chops to go on the bikes and I'm not ready for that yet.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah, the SS is for me and the wife. We travel a lot on bikes and decided the side by side approach would be more fun. Especially if she's in a white tank top and it rains. WAY MORE FUN!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts