Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Performance come in various tastes! The technology to get 50+ MPG in a regular passenger car is really very high tech! Most bikers don't get that good of MPG on a 2 wheeled motorcycle!

I drive my Prius V most of the time and the SS or a Corvette when I want some excitment! Each have their own aspect of performance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm cool with that. If the insurance companies would quit scamming us I would have a different vehicle for each purpose. 1 for economy/commuting, 1 for hauling, 1 for family, 1 for touring and1, or more, for fun. When I was much younger you paid for insurance on the person and you could own and drive what you want. I need my truck for hauling and work, the cost of insurance keeps me from buying1 for economy. ( gotta have 1 for fun)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Another Prius owner here...'04 with 150K miles on it. It's been a good car. Still has the original brakes on it, due in large part to the regen braking. I get 48-49 MPG. Had to replace the brain for the ABS a couple years ago, that was $1400 installed. That's it, other than oil & filters & tires. New spark plugs and water pump belt at 100K.
Yer damn right I'd buy another.
If I need truck therapy, I have an F-350 standing by...

·
Registered
179 Posts
I told my wife I was going to buy a Prius and she slapped me, called me bad names and then said if I was coming out of the closet, there were better ways to do it.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
One of the Dr's I work for has a Prius. He had me hack it so he could run it on batteries only up to 45mph. It will still crank once the batteries get down to something like 10%.

Anyway I was testing it out and I swear I met nearly every friend i have on the highway during that short 3 mile trip.

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
One of the Dr's I work for has a Prius. He had me hack it so he could run it on batteries only up to 45mph. It will still crank once the batteries get down to something like 10%.

Anyway I was testing it out and I swear I met nearly every friend i have on the highway during that short 3 mile trip.
Ugh. Hey man. When did you get a Prius? I didn't know you had a Prius. Looks good, I like the color.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts