Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can remove it, people do run with it off. We recommend to have it on for safety.

Hello everyone!
Who here has the NRG quick release steering wheel hub?
Ive been thinking I want to purchase one for some pc of mind when im parked and gone from my ss for long periods of time.
What are your likes and dislikes?
Ive heard it moves the steering wheel forward 2.5 inches?
Is this a problem? Im about 6 ft tall.
TIA!
Hi, the NRG quick release hub is now available. You can order it on www.Slingmods.com
The hub gives you 1.5 inches+2.5 inches of quick release. You can use our hub without the quick release but needs to add a 0.5" spacer to clear the horn bottom.

Even NRG does not have the Steering Hub yet. They said around April or May time frame. I too am waiting for it.
It's now in stock and available at www.slingmods.com

·
2,333 Posts
Hi, the NRG quick release hub is now available. You can order it on www.Slingmods.com
The hub gives you 1.5 inches+2.5 inches of quick release. You can use our hub without the quick release but needs to add a 0.5" spacer to clear the horn bottom.
Since you wrote "our" I take it you represent NRG.... I sent y'all a message through your site earlier in the week asking for the dimensions/length of your "Quick Tilt" and if it is compatible with your short hub ...... haven't heard back yet..... can you please post the info here....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since you wrote "our" I take it you represent NRG.... I sent y'all a message through your site earlier in the week asking for the dimensions/length of your "Quick Tilt" and if it is compatible with your short hub ...... haven't heard back yet..... can you please post the info here....

yes I work for NRG Innovations. The quick tilt is 2.4 Inches. It is compatible with our short hub which is 1.5 Inches

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Is there a Part # ?? So does this mean the Steering wheel will be any closer to the driver or closer to the dash??

Do u need a Hub for this ?? (Like an Assault)

You can remove it, people do run with it off. We recommend to have it on for safety.
Jason, so NRG has a New Quick Release for the Slingshot?? Do u still need a Hub? If not is yours a Shorter version so its not so close to the rider??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jason, so NRG has a New Quick Release for the Slingshot?? Do u still need a Hub? If not is yours a Shorter version so its not so close to the rider??
NRG came out with the new hub. SRK-SSH for slingshot ( 1.5"), recommended to add the quick release (2.5") to perform with the quick lock.

If you do not want to run the quick release because of distance, you will need to purchase a 0.5" spacer which we sell: SRK-500BK(black), or SRK-500SL(silver) to add on to the hub to clear the horn bottom for the steering wheel

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
NRG came out with the new hub. SRK-SSH for slingshot ( 1.5"), recommended to add the quick release (2.5") to perform with the quick lock.

If you do not want to run the quick release because of distance, you will need to purchase a 0.5" spacer which we sell: SRK-500BK(black), or SRK-500SL(silver) to add on to the hub to clear the horn bottom for the steering wheel
ThankX, still to close. Need a Shorter set up to be in the Stock Location. And YES, I would prefer a Quick Release.

·
out of POSER Status-Almost in the BIG BOY clique'
1,478 Posts
So here's the BIG QUESTION...Does Assault hub have to come back off? Im not dealing with the alignment game again, very frustrating:banghead: Im guessing not? If this is the case does the quick release adaptor cause an alignment issue or can only go on 1 way to hub..In short just wanna put on and have wheel straight. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is there a Part # ?? So does this mean the Steering wheel will be any closer to the driver or closer to the dash??

Do u need a Hub for this ?? (Like an Assault)

The part number is SRK-SSH for the short hub adopter( 1.5"). with the mandatory spacer SRK-500BK or SL (0.5") and steering wheel( ~1") the total will add to stock length.

If you add SRK-SSH (1.5")+ quick release(2.5")+ steering wheel(~1") then it will bring the steering wheel closer to the driver 2" closer than stock. This also allows you to use the quick lock system (SRK-101) to add on the quick release when the steering wheel is removed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
The part number is SRK-SSH for the short hub adopter( 1.5"). with the mandatory spacer SRK-500BK or SL (0.5") and steering wheel( ~1") the total will add to stock length.

If you add SRK-SSH (1.5")+ quick release(2.5")+ steering wheel(~1") then it will bring the steering wheel closer to the driver 2" closer than stock. This also allows you to use the quick lock system (SRK-101) to add on the quick release when the steering wheel is removed.

Let me know if you have any questions.
ThankX Jason, I already knew that. I am hopping for a quick release thats more tin the stock position range. Need a shorter hub

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wanted to change out my Assault hub when the NRG short/slim hub came out. @SlingMods was awesome about keeping me updated on the release of this item and shipping was quick, as always.

I really like the NRG hub! I would give it 9 out of 10 stars.

Below are some of the points I like of this hub....

• the black wrinkle finish and logo look really nice
  • it matches all my other NRG items
  • it covers the clock spring nicely and looks really professional
  • it was really easy to take on and off (did it 3 times and it never got stuck)
  • it is shorter than other hubs on the market
  • feels more sturdy; less wiggle and vibration in wheel now
  • nylon nut works better with the set-up
Below are some pictures of the new NRG hub and how it compares to my old Assault hub...

So everyone knows below is what my current wheel setup is...
NRG Slingshot Specific Hub
NRG Universal 3.0 Quick Release System
NRG Limited Edition Carbon Spoke Wheel - 6 bolt universal

Final thoughts...
It may be the more expensive than some of the other hubs, but it looks and works better than anything else I have seen. Overall, I think it is a good buy.

Here is where you can find it...
Polaris Slingshot Aftermarket Steering Wheel Short Hub Adapter by NRG
Thanks for the info and great pics @TravAZ . That looks really good. I may be spending more money now, thanks.;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Slinger35 New wheel sits about 2.5 in. closer to you. I'll post a pic later of the original wheel mounted along side the NRG wheel so you can see the difference.
lostnparadise:
I"m at the point where I have removed the faceplate and the horn, but I cant get the wheel to come off. Am I missing a step? I don't wanna break something and it costs more money$$$

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
lostnparadise:
I"m at the point where I have removed the faceplate and the horn, but I cant get the wheel to come off. Am I missing a step? I don't wanna break something and it costs more money$$$

U need a Puller-Tool to take it off properly. Come off perfect with the tool.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Some seem to be harder than others to remove. In have removed 3 so far. Was able to hold at 3 & 9 o'clock gave a quick jerk back and forth then 12 & 6 jerk back and forth. Done this firmly but nothing crazy we don't want to break anything. Just keep working your way around the wheel. This post should bring some comments from the peanut gallery:rolleyes::rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts