Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I still have the grocery getter.... Just a paint wagon today. Daily driver, but I do have a 100,700 miles in the seat of a SlingShot since Feb of 2015.

Drive an 1985 Merc every day just like this 87 Olds. Get units for my
residential painting business. And YES use the Slingshot to pick up
the grocery list.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still have the grocery getter.... Just a paint wagon today. Daily driver, but I do have a 100,700 miles in the seat of a SlingShot since Feb of 2015.
View attachment 187204
Drive an 1985 Merc every day just like this 87 Olds. Get units for my
residential painting business. And YES use the Slingshot to pick up
the grocery list.
I drive a Porsche every day. Me getting a Porsche was the biggest joke of 2020. —-but that’s a long story… nobody was buying Porsches at the start of the pandemic. They guy was just looking to move some inventory. the slingshot is going to give the Porsche a rest from now till it snows. I love that wagon! My dad has a cutlass. I joke with him all the time that that car will be my inheritance…. I’m gonna ask him for a pic. I’ll post it when I get it

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I have had the slingshot 4 days!
I’ve driven it in the rain, and it’s unseasonably cold here that has not stopped me
When driving in the rain PLEASE turn off the ABS and traction Control. A slight bump in the road will cause the COMPUTER take control and put you in a spin. Majority of the Slingshot accidents have happened this way.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
It won’t be my intention to drive in the rain but my commute to work is 65 miles one way. I’m bound to be stuck in some thing at some point so thank you for that very valuable piece of advice
Not sure how they turn off/on on your unit, but on my 2016 you press and hold the switch (lower center console) until both go off and the light on the dash is on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure how they turn off/on on your unit, but on my 2016 you press and hold the switch (lower center console) until both go off and the light on the dash is on.
Oh imma gonna find out! Lol.
Ej may I ask why you choose to support the pediatric brain tumor foundation? Did you have a loved one affected by this? I hope it’s ok that I ask. Do you organize rides/ fundraisers for this organization?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Oh imma gonna find out! Lol.

Ej may I ask why you choose to support the pediatric brain tumor foundation? Did you have a loved one affected by this? I hope it’s ok that I ask. Do you organize rides/ fundraisers for this organization?
Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Went to a party that my Gold Wing group was having 19 years ago and got TRAPED by a couple of friends. So no personal, but in our local community we have lots of kids with the problem. Things have changed a lot over the time The wife and I have been involved. We used to have a ride in our area and the Local Kids and Family would come out and would ride with us. We provided the 'seat' for the Kids and Family members. In our town we would see the families at the stores, restaurants and got to know them. No longer doing the same type of ride/fund raising. We will do a little this years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts