Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
When my Sling was totaled, my insurance allowed me to remove any accessory that I still had the original part for. Windshield, seats, shocks, steering wheel and others. Additionally I bought back the wrecked bike for just under $5k and passed it on to a forum member who wanted to build a special project. My settlement was enough for me to replace the Sling with a used unit. I was lucky to find a new 16.5 SL for $17k. A guy had bought it trying to run the bid up at a red cross auction and was caught with the high bid. Hopefully your insurance will make you whole @BKL and you can keep on Slingin'! If they don't pay you for your accessories or allow you to remove them, explore purchasing it back.

·
Registered
2019 Slingshot Touring
7 Posts
BKL. Did you go to hospital or at least Urgent Care to get checked out? If not ,I’d suggest you do it now for 2 reasons. One, you may find aches and pains that develop or persist-that was a rough landing for sure! Second, it gives you important leverage for your Insurance Company since they are also liable for any personal injuries. They might be happy to offer you $20k or more if you feel ok and are willing to sign a release. Note, I am certainly not suggesting fraud and am not a lawyer, but they might be glad to offer a good replacement value in return for no medical claims.

·
Registered
2019 Slingshot Touring
7 Posts
So why deactivate traction control in rain? Trying to understand what I should do in future. Also thanks for heads up on getting additional coverage. My Saddle Bags were $4,000 in parts so a simple rear collision could cost me dearly!

·
Registered
231 Posts
BKL. Did you go to hospital or at least Urgent Care to get checked out? If not ,I’d suggest you do it now for 2 reasons. One, you may find aches and pains that develop or persist-that was a rough landing for sure! Second, it gives you important leverage for your Insurance Company since they are also liable for any personal injuries. They might be happy to offer you $20k or more if you feel ok and are willing to sign a release. Note, I am certainly not suggesting fraud and am not a lawyer, but they might be glad to offer a good replacement value in return for no medical claims.
Not suggesting it, but yeah…..suggesting. What’s a little intimidation and coercion between friends.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
So why deactivate traction control in rain? Trying to understand what I should do in future. Also thanks for heads up on getting additional coverage. My Saddle Bags were $4,000 in parts so a simple rear collision could cost me dearly!
In your car they say NEVER drive in bad weather conditions with cruse control on. When driving the Slingshot in bad weather you are giving the computer control... If any one of the wheels slips, skips, jumps ... the other two will over react and put you in a spin---when that happens not good.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
So why deactivate traction control in rain?
In your car they say NEVER drive in bad weather conditions with cruse control on. When driving the Slingshot in bad weather you are giving the computer control... If any one of the wheels slips, skips, jumps ... the other two will over react and put you in a spin---when that happens not good.
To add to what EJ has shared.......................................

............................and here is a good discussion on this very topic: Tires and traction control
Bill

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It's taken about 2.5 months since I filed a claim for my Slingshot and I finally heard from Allstate that they had declared my Slingshot a total loss based on the 19 page estimate they received from a local dealer. The amount Allstate offered me will allow me to replace my Slingshot, so I'm happy with the proposed settlement.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
It's taken about 2.5 months since I filed a claim for my Slingshot and I finally heard from Allstate that they had declared my Slingshot a total loss based on the 19 page estimate they received from a local dealer. The amount Allstate offered me will allow me to replace my Slingshot, so I'm happy with the proposed settlement.
Going new or used?

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
My ideal dream would be to try and find a turbo'd Gen 1 with the DDM Works Quad kit! Assuming I get another Slingshot w/o turbo, I'd want to also add a turbo along with a Quad kit if I can find an affordable deal that fits with my reimbursement.;)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts