Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the first one to put a deposit down for the SL model. And a few days later, a coworker of mine made his deposit and was #2 in line. So now there's at least 2 in the Shreveport area I know of. Anyone else local?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the insurers were having trouble with quotes without the VIN. (so they said). My salesman, Eric @ Louisiana Power Sports in Bossier City, will call me with my VIN number when the SL arrives. Then while the dealer is doing the prep/service etc, I'll be accumulating accurate quotes. What kinda quotes have you received?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have gotten quotes from just about everyone. There were a couple who could not give me a quote due to the bike being new. Those were Geiko and Farmers I believe. Out of everyone else the cheapest I found was 2400 annually. State Farm did give me an estìmate of 1400 but they said that was based solely off MSRP.

For a little comparison I am 30, 6 years riding experience, with a clean record.

If it was not for these overpriced insurance quotes I would have put up my deposit, but I need piece of mind knowing that I won't have to pay outrageous rates just to have this amazing toy. Why does Louisiana have to be the worse state for car insurance........

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have my insurance with Allstate , it is coming up for renewal and i'm looking for anyone else that might insure it for less
any ideas who I should call???

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
I couldn't even get a quote from GEICO and I have all my autos with them
They subcontract (or what ever they call it) to another company - they will not insure the SS. Either does USAA here in Fl, and I had been with them for over 30 years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Magnolia, Seth Jean, great guy...though it may help that he also has my house, Z06, four motorcycles, etc...

·
You gone eat yo cornbread?
98 Posts
Ahhhh, that makes sense. Probably a multi vehicle discount makes the premium so low. Allstate quoted me $1050 a year, but I don't have anything else with them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have no financial disclosures to make...but...I just changed everything over to them about six months ago and am saving about a grand a year. The biggest discounts were in my motorcycles, this compared to progressive...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The folks at Allstate was $44/mo..... FULL coverage… Comprehension and collision (about $500/yr) Are you in good hands?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts