Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
May be Addressed as "Madame HRMiracle"
495 Posts
Ahahaha!! THAT'S FOR ALL YOU WHO SAID I DON'T GO TO ANYTHING AND THAT I'M PROBABLY JUST A LITTLE TWEEN KID TROLLING. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Clearly @ethermion and @lrobbi have figured out what it takes to get me to actually ride the thing ... ending the ride with alcohol. :happy:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ahahaha!! THAT'S FOR ALL YOU WHO SAID I DON'T GO TO ANYTHING AND THAT I'M PROBABLY JUST A LITTLE TWEEN KID TROLLING. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Clearly @ethermion and @lrobbi have figured out what it takes to get me to actually ride the thing ... ending the ride with alcohol. :happy:
Sorry you missed it... But anniversaries come first! Ayla did start making drinks at the end.. One for @JDin and one for @TheRock ... I was drinking just a little throughout - Shhhh no one even noticed o_O :D

·
Let's ride it like we stole it!
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Never thought that about you, but sorry you missed a great time on Saturday. Now stop hissing about it and go into the timeout corner... LoL

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry about that... here is the list of parts for a quick CAI under 130.00 including shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00062ZGNI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Amazon.com: Spectre 8698 Chrome Air Intake Adapter: Automotive

Amazon.com: K&N RU-2820 Universal Rubber Filter: Automotive

(1) to be used around the Throttle body of the Cobra Head
Amazon.com: Squirrelly 3" Heavy Duty Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamp for 3.0 inch Silicone Turbo Intercooler Hose: Automotive

And Cobra induction head:

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-SIL-251&Category_Code=RUBB

Regarding the installation: it was not bad at all. I did take extra care in handling the Air Censor - it does not take much to damage it. In order to get the Air Censor to work and fit in properly you must drill out the rubber boot some (not a lot, but some expansion in rubber boot to seat the Air Censor is needed) On the Cobra head piece...you might have to trim down about 1/4 off the edge...the area that fits on to the throttle body. This will give clearance for the hood to close. For @JDin we did not need to do that but I know all SS engines are slightly different in the way the hood closes.
It may have been my cobra head being different?

Cobra Head Silicone Hose Coupler- TREADSTONE PERFORMANCE

·
Registered
555 Posts

Can you post a pic of our slings that you took?

Sent from my brain using an iPad

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
@lrobbi

Hey thanks Bro!!! The donuts you shipped were just delivered! Unfortunately, even though you overnighted them, due to circumstances beyond their (UPS) control, they were delayed in transit & are a little worse for wear...

image.jpeg

Don't sweat it, I just ate around the mold. Now the young lady from UPS was very sweet & totally apologetic. When she asked, "What can Brown do for you?", I was able to rise to the occasion & come up with a ready response. I assure you that UPS is providing FedEx with some stiff competition...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sling friends! I need your help.

Stocking up for summit. New rear tire in the garage, to be installed the day before. Probably hawk pads.

Now, I know my stock suspension is undesirable. Good tires are no help if they are not touching the ground. Can't swing for the adjustable JRIs. Kids in college problem. One (or more) of you had QA1s installed, but I cannot recall who. Can you give me wise counsel? They are a lot more affordable, but still expensive if I won't be happy.

·
Registered
923 Posts

Stocking up for summit. New rear tire in the garage, to be installed the day before. Probably hawk pads.

Now, I know my stock suspension is undesirable. Good tires are no help if they are not touching the ground. Can't swing for the adjustable JRIs. Kids in college problem. One (or more) of you had QA1s installed, but I cannot recall who. Can you give me wise counsel? They are a lot more affordable, but still expensive if I won't be happy.

I have the QA1s - I really do like them vs the stock "cheapees" . The ride quality is very good IMO. Cost was under $800.00 for everything and installation was a breeze. My shot rides smoother over bumps and I can go into corners with a lot less body roll. Simple a great upgrade from stock for the money. Later I will go with an Air Suspense...once brother @WraithSS returns home. But until then...these will hold. :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hmm. Thanks for your words of wisdom. Maybe I should wait until your shocks are abandoned for a song in favor of an air ride...

·
Slingshot Aficionado
1,486 Posts

Two things one... I would humbly suggest not waiting the day before track day to install the rear tire. New tires can be a bit slick from the manufacturing process and I'd want it scrubbed a bit before hitting ht e track. Secondly, @JDin was 100% stock last year and he held his own quite well. While there is certainly room for improvement on the Sling, it does come off the show floor in a respectable track ready condition in my personal opinion.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Saving the tire only because there is still some smoke left in the current one. Paid good money, want the smoke. Will advance the install a bit, seems like a good idea.

Maybe you are correct regarding the shocks. Certainly a more affordable solution. Just as good tires revealed the limitations of my suspension, a good suspension may reveal the limitations of .... Me. Not sure the merit of paying for that.

Thanks for your thoughtful advice. See you at summit. I'll be the guy in your rear view mirror. Check the passenger side mirror, if the drivers side is too blurry.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts