Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call today from a dealership down the coast that my SL was available. They want $1500 (not including tax and tag) over the MSRP for freight, prep, and document fees. The total cost for everything including tax and tag would be a little over $27k.

I keep reading about all these deals for MSRP with no shipping and/or prep charges. However, I haven't seen many posts that also include the name of those dealerships. I have a $1000 refundable deposit but would be willing to have it refunded and wait a little longer and go somewhere else if there are other dealerships willing to deal with you. It isn't so much the cost that bothers me but I hate feeling like they are taking advantage of me.

If it isn't against forum policy can anyone verify Out The Door prices for an SL that includes ALL costs including tax for Gainesville, Daytona, Ocala, New Smyrna, Orlando, Kissimmee and/or Savannah, Ga.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I just got a call today from a dealership down the coast that my SL was available. They want $1500 (not including tax and tag) over the MSRP for freight, prep, and document fees. The total cost for everything including tax and tag would be a little over $27k.

I keep reading about all these deals for MSRP with no shipping and/or prep charges. However, I haven't seen many posts that also include the name of those dealerships. I have a $1000 refundable deposit but would be willing to have it refunded and wait a little longer and go somewhere else if there are other dealerships willing to deal with you. It isn't so much the cost that bothers me but I hate feeling like they are taking advantage of me.

If it isn't against forum policy can anyone verify Out The Door prices for an SL that includes ALL costs including tax for Gainesville, Daytona, Ocala, New Smyrna, Orlando, Kissimmee and/or Savannah, Ga.
That's about what I ended up paying. My Florida out the door including tag transfer fee and a one year extension on the tag was $27,178 There have been cheaper sales but my opinion was to not try to get a couple hundred dollars off that price and use that "good will" if (you will) towards asking for some added assistance somewhere down the line if it needs added dealer assistance in dealing with Polaris. i didn't want to nickle and dime the dealer going in, and not have him on my side if needed down the road. Your call though. Good luck and enjoy.

·
2,333 Posts
90 minutes south of Daytona but no add ons, just MSRP + tax and tag ..... however there is a waiting list ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts