Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In spite of the bittersweet news this morning about Slingshot shipment dates, there is one silver lining:

IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG

Our owners manual is in!

No, I will not scan and upload every page (I couldn't do that if I wanted to...), but I am happy to reference some information from within if you have questions.

Just FYI, the QR on the back goes to the Polaris Safety and Training page but there is no SS information there yet.

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
In spite of the bittersweet news this morning about Slingshot shipment dates, there is one silver lining:

View attachment 1386 View attachment 1387

Our owners manual is in!

No, I will not scan and upload every page (I couldn't do that if I wanted to...), but I am happy to reference some information from within if you have questions.

Just FYI, the QR on the back goes to the Polaris Safety and Training page but there is no SS information there yet.

View attachment 1390
View attachment 1388
View attachment 1389

That's exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From another post:

I learned something new about the SS today too: it will have a NOAA WX band on the infotainment system.
The radio frequencies also list: Europe, Europe 50, Australia, Japan, and Taiwan radio frequencies! Hmm!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Could you look in the section under OIL - cooling system And see if it has a discreet cooler?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excerpt from "Transporting the SLINGSHOT":

Because of the single rear wheel on the SLINGSHOT vehicle, it cannot be towed by a conventional tow truck... ...always use a flatbed trailer... ...secure the tie-down straps to the lower front A-arms and rear swingarm...

The figure on the page highlights those three points as acceptable areas to strap.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you look in the section under OIL - cooling system And see if it has a discreet cooler?

Thanks
No mention, sorry.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hummm, don't suppose a Slingshot came with that manual did it? :cool: Just kidding, I know you would tell us if it did....I guess it does mean we are a tad closer.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hummm, don't suppose a Slingshot came with that manual did it? :cool: Just kidding, I know you would tell us if it did....I guess it does mean we are a tad closer.
That's part #9923991 if you want to be the first on the block to own one.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you tell if it has a standard OBDII port or not?
No mention of diagnosis port that I can find so far. Will keep monitoring.

But HOLY COW: "Security System (Canada)" pg. 35:

You can set a four digit code to arm and disarm the driveability of the SS!! @[email protected]

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about the break in ?
"Break-In Period" pg. 40
The BIP for your vehicle is 500 mi of operation....

1. (Gas safety)
2. (Check oil)
3. Do not drive at a constant speed, whether fast or slow. Do not drive at sustained idle.
4. Avoid full throttle starts and do not drive at full throttle.
5. Do not exceed 70mph
6. Avoid use of downshifting to brake or slow the vehicle.
7. Avoid making hard stops for the first 200 mi.
8. (Check lubricants)
9. Change both engine oil and filter after 500 mi.

^To be clear: these steps encompass 500 mi maintenance and operation.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Canadian side

1. Rear fender?
2. Rearview mirror?
3. Lights ? ( we know the answer)
4. Second switch on the board? ( can you please explain the function)
5. Security system? ( how does it work) is it the same red switch as the motorcycle has
6. Anything else on the Canadian side different from the US?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Under "normal" circumstances would the items that are required for the Canadian model be available for US models as options we could add later? I know that no one knows yet about the Slingshot but on any thing that Polaris makes and exports to Canada. Mainly asking about the rear fender and security system.

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
Under "normal" circumstances would the items that are required for the Canadian model be available for US models as options we could add later? I know that no one knows yet about the Slingshot but on any thing that Polaris makes and exports to Canada. Mainly asking about the rear fender and security system.
If there's a bolt on rear fender available in Canada you will certainly be able to get it in America.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@Mike Mtl

1. Rear fender? No indication in the manual.
2. Rearview mirror? No mention of a rearview mirror in manual.
3. Lights ? ( we know the answer) What do you want to know?
4. Second switch on the board? "Master Lighting Switch (Canada)" The master lighting switch must be in the ON position to allow operation of the high beam and low beam headlights. pg. 20
That's all it says...
5. Security system? ( how does it work) is it the same red switch as the motorcycle has The security system is a four-digit programmable code built into the information display in the tachometer array. "Your SLINGSHOT vehicle is equipped with a security system for theft and roll-away protection. The security system automatically immobilizes the engine when the ignition is switched off, and enables the engine when the ignition is switched on and a passcode is entered..." It goes on to say you can program your own code.
6. Anything else on the Canadian side different from the US? We will find out together!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts