Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at the info provided I've come to the conclusion, that this is a cruiser and not a touring machine. there's NO storage in this baby , no place visable for a trailer hook up. enough storage for 2 helmets. there's something missing in the design. took the air out of my sails.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is decent storage from what I read behind each seats and the glovebox. Knowing polaris and aftermarket companies, storage solutions will come in time. Its just like anything else new, it takes time to develop accessories, plus Polaris is listening. Hell look at the new RZR line, people wanted what they came out with for 2015. Polaris listened and delievered.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Behind the seats is enough storage for a backpack/overnight bag and a helmet - so two bags and two helmets total.

The glove box is very oversized as well - looks to be 3-4 times bigger than the one in my truck and it is lockable as well. So all in, much more capacity than a rigged out bagger motorcycle.

There is plenty of room behind the seats at the rear of the vehicle for saddle bags as well. I think it will accommodate two people cross country pretty well to be honest.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It's got a car motor in it ,I could pack/stack and strap what ever I need for a month long trip on it and I will . That's just the off roader in me coming out sorry about that .

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
On a serious note. I foresee someone coming up with some "saddle bags" that will fit in this space...

137-1406583162-e2981833ef3417d57d27237490449b5a.jpg

There is probably enough space there for something the size of a helmet - which would leave the behind-the-seat storage open for more stuffing.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I think we could possibly see some storage there and on each side of the rear wheel. I think some locking and removable hard bags that help shape the body lines are possible. The aftermarket is going to have a field day with all this!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here's my point..I've been looking at the Can-Am , but I'm not crazy about the handling that you have to get "used to" , feels like it's gonna buck you off. apparently many folks have over come that problem since i'm seeing more on the road. but it does have storage front,rear and sides with the capability of towing a trailer. If you have a passanger that will share the driving , the vehicle needs to be friendly handling to the novice also, which the SLINGSHOT seems to be. If you are going to take your lady with you, you have to have the room to carry more than a shirt for a change of clothing. I purchased my cross country in '11 added all of the stuff that the '12 come out with std. had I known that , I would've waited tii '12. with the add ons new trunk.JPG it cost me more than a '12. oh. BTW a trailer can be added. tourer means "touring" not around towner zipping from bar to bar, for that you get a HARLEY. If I wanted to travel in a RV, i have one, not as much fun driving as my bike, but too big for her to handle.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I've talked to so many people that purchased a 8-ball that wished they had purchased a CC. this proto unit is like showing a 8-ball. next year my trade will be worth a year less and the next generation slingshot will cost more.
here's an idea, polaris rebate 2k to those trading in a vision or cross country with the the purchase of a gen 2 slingshot tour model. whatcha think???

·
Registered
702 Posts
It looks like there's plenty of room in the back for bags on both sides

Could also be an opportunity to improve the looks - the rear 3/4 view looks rather unfinished to me, and the SS almost looks like a giant motorized chair.

·
Registered
497 Posts
On a serious note. I foresee someone coming up with some "saddle bags" that will fit in this space...

View attachment 280

There is probably enough space there for something the size of a helmet - which would leave the behind-the-seat storage open for more stuffing.
Oh hell yah, I can figure a way to strap some stuff there till Somebody comes out with a bolt kit for this.

That looks like the perfect spot for a round T-Bag

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I just noticed this thread

For trailering: the spaceframe wraps the entirety of the vehicle, up to and including the point where the license plate frame starts. I could see unwiring that plate frame and having an aftermarket solution for a trailer hookup built in to that rear point above the tire.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts