Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I feel I've let a bunch of you down,but I cant make MV or anywhere farther than the bathroom for that matter.Everything was going great at the start of the week, three new roofs and new windshield bases produced from the new molds, And I had just made a mental note to email Ivor in the morning to book the larger 40 x 20 ft spot , but what only a few knew, @kenny_h being one, I was biting off maybe a little too much trying to get a new prototype trailer done to debut next week too. It's quite a complex trailer being a dropdeck design similar to @funinthsun ,s but electric winch operated instead of air. As it was prototype I,ve had to fabricate every fitting, bushings etc by hand to prove concept so needless to say I,Ve been ab sent from the forums as I,ve been working in shop minimum 12 hours a day to make MV. Well , and I should have known better, complacency kills, it was going on 11 pm and I was thinking of heading home, just a few more adjustments on hoisting mechanism and next thing I know I,m tripping over rails and being flung to floor with what I thought was two broken legs! I,ve never experienced that much pain as I crawled that 50 ft to my truck and up and in to my phone. Turns out only one broken leg and the other one badly banged up with a sprained ankle. Will be off my feet for a week or so about the only thing I can do will be to watch the forum and hope your all having a great time at MV. Was looking so forward to meeting all of you in person.
20170525_113132.jpg

·
15 Seconds Of Fame Anywhere You Go
583 Posts
Sorry guys, I feel I've let a bunch of you down,but I cant make MV or anywhere farther than the bathroom for that matter.Everything was going great at the start of the week, three new roofs and new windshield bases produced from the new molds, And I had just made a mental note to email Ivor in the morning to book the larger 40 x 20 ft spot , but what only a few knew, @kenny_h being one, I was biting off maybe a little too much trying to get a new prototype trailer done to debut next week too. It's quite a complex trailer being a dropdeck design similar to @funinthsun ,s but electric winch operated instead of air. As it was prototype I,ve had to fabricate every fitting, bushings etc by hand to prove concept so needless to say I,Ve been ab sent from the forums as I,ve been working in shop minimum 12 hours a day to make MV. Well , and I should have known better, complacency kills, it was going on 11 pm and I was thinking of heading home, just a few more adjustments on hoisting mechanism and next thing I know I,m tripping over rails and being flung to floor with what I thought was two broken legs! I,ve never experienced that much pain as I crawled that 50 ft to my truck and up and in to my phone. Turns out only one broken leg and the other one badly banged up with a sprained ankle. Will be off my feet for a week or so about the only thing I can do will be to watch the forum and hope your all having a great time at MV. Was looking so forward to meeting all of you in person. View attachment 128913
I sorry to hear that you will be down for a while. Get well soon. I am looking forward to the nose fillers that your working on. Hope to see them soon.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
That sucks man. Hope you heal well.

I have done some really dumb shit (who hasn't?) when over-tired so I avoid chain saws, ladders, engine hoists and guns when over tired.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Take care and heal up fast!
Don't worry about your bourbon and cigars, Bill will pick up any slack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts