Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot of people saying they want to put the wheels that come on the base model on their SL (and vice versa).

Unfortunately, I just checked with Polaris why I could not find a part number for this kit for these kinds of SL owners, and they said that they don't offer a kit with the base model wheels.

All hope is not lost! What I can do, is assemble a kit from the parts listed in the fiche: http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp
But buying parts individually like this also means there is an increased cost overall from what a complete wheel kit offering could be.
That also means these wheels when taken off don't have a particular resale value, stock number, or any sort of product code.

There is another option, of course. If a customer wants to take off the wheels on their base model and substitute the premium wheels, the dealership can buy them back and you may have the option to install a takeoff set that is not "used".
At this time Polaris doesn't have an option for dealerships that have customers wanting to do this, which, admittedly, is somewhat strange, given the hopeful popularity of the premium wheel kits. What we will need to do this, is a kit value and a stocking number on what will be ostensibly unused wheels, even if that option is to simply send them back to Polaris.

I am continuing to follow up with Polaris to see what solutions we can work out for our customers, or any other Slingshot owners with dreams of different wheels who may be out there.

Reactions: luckyone

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Thanks for the info on this.

If someone really likes the Titanium model wheels and wants to buy them. Please PM me and lets see if we can work something out that is fair for both parties.

My dealer doesn't want to buy them back from me and I plan on buying new wheels and tires the first month I have my SS.

Reactions: Dan Janssen

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The dealer told me the premium wheels are back ordered but when they come in I'll have both sets. I'm sure there will be lots of after market next year. The up side is I can set it up for different conditions.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely, add a stock wheel thread to the for sale section of the forum. I think that would be cool!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I might sell mine also. Don't know yet. Would be awesome to have a set always ready to go

·
Disruptive --> IG /Facebook
549 Posts
I will sell mine for sure... i have too many wheels in my garage.

I have the SS titanium wheels. Tires have 5-7 miles on them. I live in South FL .PM me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
just a side note, if you change the wheels you have to have your dealer flash the ECU from base to premium wheels or vice versa to accommodate the change for the power steering and the traction control. They can do this with the Polaris Digital Wrench software

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Anyone looking for base tires and wheel I have a set, 20 minutes north of Kansas City. New takeoffs no miles, lugnuts and bracket.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
just a side note, if you change the wheels you have to have your dealer flash the ECU from base to premium wheels or vice versa to accommodate the change for the power steering and the traction control. They can do this with the Polaris Digital Wrench software
Only thing flash really helps is correcting speedometer. The pickup for the speed is done via the hub. As long as u increase all three wheels at once to an even amount it wont affect traction or braking.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I would sell my base wheels and tires and the clevis for the rear shock and the lug nuts. Just send me your best offers.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I will buy your ss rims and tires please text me 774.312.4417 paypal ready
Are you looking for the base model wheels and tires or the SL model. I have the base wheels and tires for sale.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a brand new set of base model rims and tires listed on Ebay if anyone is interested.
I have a question about changing rims and wheels? You have a base model and went to the SL wheels and tires which are larger rims. Is the profile smaller making the circumference the same as your stock set up. In other words How much did the SL tires and rims change the speedometer reading. Example: at say 2500rpm your doing 50mph with the stock set up. You change to the SL rims and tires and at 2500rpm your recording 53 or 55 mph. Have you checked the difference by any chance? Got to be some change unless the profile on the SL tires are smaller hence a swap wouldn't make any difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts