Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well might as well start a thread where we can post the power of LIGHTS! I'm interested to see what everyone has come up with on extra visibility mods.
I'm a firm believer of not out riding/driving your lights at night! There's too many other variables involved when driving at night (critters big and small, pedestrians, bikers etc.) and I wouldn't even want to think what a Deer can do to the SS.

Here's my vid;

you'll see me flicking it on high then low

I'll be getting some long throw LED beams after I find the ones with most projection, I've had Clearwater Lights and stand by but, the fitment on the SS is questionable.

·
Registered
508 Posts
HID headlights should help out. Planning to purchase the Canadian version lights with the centers on a separate switch for fog lights. Total of 6 lights all together.

·
Registered
619 Posts
1p, your vids are lots of fun to watch. Clipping the apices.
We have way too many deer to allow a safe night speed run here.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hard to tell from a video, but the OEM's don't look too shabby. Those ALMOST look like rain clouds! I know, impossible, but almost

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
415 Posts
Just put on 100 miles yesterday (high temp of 29) :) and drove 35 of those at night. Lights are pretty good. Better than most motorcycle headlights and pretty good compared to most cars. A LED light bar may be an option though... ;)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I couldn't agree more....after having a run-in with a deer while riding my Harley back in 2008 I am always on the lookout for better lighting options.

With that in mind though, sadly, I think the stock SS lighting configuration is better than that of my Dodge Ram 1500.....

I'm really liking the idea of adding additional lights where the Canadian ones have them....

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't agree more....after having a run-in with a deer while riding my Harley back in 2008 I am always on the lookout for better lighting options.

With that in mind though, sadly, I think the stock SS lighting configuration is better than that of my Dodge Ram 1500.....

I'm really liking the idea of adding additional lights where the Canadian ones have them....
Wow, glad your still with us MitchS! Any kind of run-in with any kind of Critter isn't good, so I wanna make sure it doesn't happen in the SS.

I'm going to order the Canadian Light Housing with 4 holes, the brackets behind the solid US piece is in place already but I think I'll get the Clearwater Darla LED since I know how well these lights work.

Here's what Darla looks like;
Product_image_darla.jpg

here's the link; http://www.clearwaterlights.com/infopg_darla.html

a bit pricey but well worth it! I'll MOD it to fit and share it with ya'll when done.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
@1poser I was incredibly lucky, stayed on 2 wheels with bambi hitting me on the side. I was going about 45-50 when it happened. Total shock for a LONG time after that though.

Those lights look awesome

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Going to show my ignorance here. Is there a way to tell what lights show the brightest and the farthest or does one kind show brighter but another further?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

MitchS this is freaky. My name is Scott Mitchell they call me MItch I hit a deer on my boss hoss 5 yrs ago at 55 mph and I drive a Ram 1500. Maybe parallel universe

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
MitchS this is freaky. My name is Scott Mitchell they call me MItch I hit a deer on my boss hoss 5 yrs ago at 55 mph and I drive a Ram 1500. Maybe parallel universe
Dang, that is freaky!

For my situation I still stand by "Bambi hit ME!!" it wasn't the other way around!

It took me at least 2 years before I ever rode at night again...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Dang, that is freaky!

For my situation I still stand by "Bambi hit ME!!" it wasn't the other way around!

It took me at least 2 years before I ever rode at night again...
Also, I see the plane, I am also an IFR rated dude.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts