Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a dealer to order a SS. Live in Omaha, NE. Toured the plant Monday and it was awesome. Cant wait.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
779 Posts
WOW! Welcome!

Bet they were busy as beaver at the plant!

Any pictures, news or additional information you can share?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW! Welcome!

Bet they were busy as beaver at the plant!

Any pictures, news or additional information you can share?

Couldn't take pics. They also build the Indian motorcycle there. That's why we went. I saw the SS at Sturgis this year and didn't even know they were built in Spirit Lake. That accident will cost me!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
190 Posts
I write for a magazine and a week ago I went to my local Polaris dealer in NJ for the purpose of doing a story & photo the new Slingshot. They weren't doing test drives yet, even for Media.
I was a little concerned that on this "band new" Slingshot, the bonnet opening was malfunctioning and the tilt steering wheel/gauges were also not functioning.
Does anyone have any detailed experience with Polaris products? Unfortunately, I have none, but I'm very much interested in selling my Porsche and buying one of these, if they produce a quality product.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I write for a magazine and a week ago I went to my local Polaris dealer in NJ for the purpose of doing a story & photo the new Slingshot. They weren't doing test drives yet, even for Media.
I was a little concerned that on this "band new" Slingshot, the bonnet opening was malfunctioning and the tilt steering wheel/gauges were also not functioning.
Does anyone have any detailed experience with Polaris products? Unfortunately, I have none, but I'm very much interested in selling my Porsche and buying one of these, if they produce a quality product.
You don't write for "Yamaha Life" do you??? :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Welcome to the forum Hogg! Did they happen to mention how many Slingshots they can crank out in a day/week/month?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum Hogg! Did they happen to mention how many Slingshots they can crank out in a day/week/month?
Not of the SS. They said 2-4.5 hours on the indian. Inside there were 7 or 8 being finished and being gone over.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not of the SS. They said 2-4.5 hours on the indian. Inside there were 7 or 8 being finished and being gone over.
They are running 3 shifts 24 hours. one line is for the SS. Two for the big Indian and one line for the small Indian.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Polari had problems with there adjustable tilt steering wheel on there Razor SxS. This is why I never used it. Polaris wouldn't repair it in most case's. Most people ended up paying for the part themselves and installing it themselves.

·
Banned
190 Posts
Thank you. I'm a moto journalist and would greatly appreciate any & all Info available on the Slingshot.
Thanks again.
Sincerely, Chris Capp

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thank you. I'm a moto journalist and would greatly appreciate any & all Info available on the Slingshot.
Thanks again.
Sincerely, Chris Capp
Chris,

There is an incredible amount of Info on this forum. The gallery has every photo you can imagine and there is a listing of all the write-ups done by other magazines and interviews with the Polaris designers. Spend a little time digging and you will find everything we know and a whole lot of guesses about stuff we don't

·
Banned
190 Posts
Chris,

There is an incredible amount of Info on this forum. The gallery has every photo you can imagine and there is a listing of all the write-ups done by other magazines and interviews with the Polaris designers. Spend a little time digging and you will find everything we know and a whole lot of guesses about stuff we don't
Thank you Sloride!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts