Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site, but am going to a dealer TODAY to put my deposit down on a new Slingshot. All they have coming in are the ST models. I keep reading on here about a SS model. I can't figure out what a SS slingshot is. I want to order the best one. Can anybody tell me what a SS is, I can't seem to find it and the dealer says there is no such thing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm new to this site, but am going to a dealer TODAY to put my deposit down on a new Slingshot. All they have coming in are the ST models. I keep reading on here about a SS model. I can't figure out what a SS slingshot is. I want to order the best one. Can anybody tell me what a SS is, I can't seem to find it and the dealer says there is no such thing.

The Titanium (gray) is the base unit SS. The Red is the SL. It is the "deluxe" model: larger diameter tires, entertainment system and back up camera. Engine is the same in both models.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Titanium (gray) is the base unit SS. The Red is the SL. It is the "deluxe" model: larger diameter tires, entertainment system and back up camera. Engine is the same in both models.
Thanks so much Sonny, what I thought, but just wanted to make sure what I spend my 24 grand on. I'm on my way to order a SL. Glad I didn't know about these Slingshots earlier or I'd have been waiting most of the riding season like the rest of you. Wish me luck, I'll be posting here soon.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rodderr! And good luck - I am sure you will love this crazy machine.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did get the SL on order. They're talking a Jan delivery. About myself: I've been riding for over 50 years. Owned hundreds of vehicles in my lifetime. No kids, so they were my kids. And still are. The Lords been good to me so currently have many machines; bikes, cars, boats, rvs.
A lot of show, a lot of go. Once was responsible for the build of a national Showbike that took all honors. Lately it's been showcars and muscle stuff. There's no telling where I'll go with the slingshot, what I'll do or how it will
end up looking. Exotic and fast I'm sure, tastefully built. No promises but if I take a notion you'll all see a real treat.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Dumb question... what are the abbreviations:

SL?
ST?
SS = Sling Shot
ST isn't anything in the Slingshot lineup for this year.
SL, I always felt stood for Slingshot Limited, but I don't think there is an official anagram for it.

Reactions: Big Dog

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Dumb question... what are the abbreviations:

SL?
ST?
SS = Sling Shot
The SL is for the RED ones and means Straight Line since we all know it's faster................. lol
Really, it was to mean Slingshot Limited, but the way it's been playing out, the SL models were the first to ship and it appears to be by a wide margin like 90% to 10% for the base model

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ST was my own ignorance. As far as shipping SL models, polaris probably makes a little more money on them. I'm still waiting, dreaming, and reading this forum constantly, I'm next at the dealership. They're talking around Christmas. It would make a wonderful Christmas present. ( to go with the Slingshot helmets I know my wife has already got hidden away ).

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The ST was my own ignorance. As far as shipping SL models, polaris probably makes a little more money on them. I'm still waiting, dreaming, and reading this forum constantly, I'm next at the dealership. They're talking around Christmas. It would make a wonderful Christmas present. ( to go with the Slingshot helmets I know my wife has already got hidden away ).
Just by your presence here, it's easy to say that you will enjoy your Christmas gift whenever it arrives. Heck, I enjoyed mine for the short time I rode it and can't wait for the rebirth once the turbo upgrade is completed. Rodder, where are you from? And welcome to the forum

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Funinthesum, I've been searching for just the right machine to give me the satisfaction I so desperately seek for a long, long time,and spent a ton of money doing it. I haven't driven/ ridden the SS yet but can see just by the videos that this could be the start of something really special for me. A toy, yes, that's what I want, but a special toy to add a little excitement to my upcoming golden years, I'm not ready for the rocking chair yet. ( I also ride a Yahama R1 with the cross crank motor ) this is something my wife and I can enjoy together. We've got a new motorhome, a rollback trailer, we're retired, there's nothing to keep us from going anywhere to sample the finer things in life, and for me that may be getting away often to some of the roads and sights I always wanted to experience. We live near Springfield/ Branson MO. My hope is that I'm able to meet a lot of you fellow SS enthusiasts in the future.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts